Altered State in Fantasy Grounds

Played a little Altered State in FG today using Alex’s “Garden of Eden” adventure as a framework. I can’t wait for this ruleset to be released on Fantasy Grounds so everyone can enjoy it. It’s REALLY top notch.

Oh awesome! That’s Decker’s apartment!!!

:herocoin:

Every one of my players had a blast today… can’t wait to see where it goes over the next few weeks.

Decker :sunglasses:

time to watch again…

…I will never forget the first time I saw this scene, cinematic poetry "I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in rain. Time to die."

Man, that’s lovely.

Currently I am running D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver on FG for my group. I had to read pages upon pages to make myself familiar enough with the things in the adventure.

Compare that to ICRPG’s simplicitiy…

@Khan I ran Lost Mine with ICRPG not too long ago, just copy pasted everything in and found some online maps for wave echo cave etc that were nice. That’s a really good adventure.

Yeah, I didn’t see a single person on the internets trash talking LMoP. Not a single one. Which is rarer than, I don’t know, a star going supernova in the Milky Way, lol.

I already have the FG module so no copy-paste work is needed. I had to read the first chapter though (obviously) and it was a mouthful in the oh so lovely D&D fashion. Oh I also created the map for the first encounter.

At least FG made playing D&D and such fun again.

I used an extension that allows me to open other FG content from different rulesets and opened the 5e Lost Mines in the ICRPG ruleset and then cut and pasted it into story entries, reworked the NPCs/Monsters into ICRPG format, magic items, Encounters and Encounter Tables etc.

It was very playable in the ICRPG ruleset, I’ve also ran it in the 5e ruleset as you are. It’s probably the best beginner adventure WOTC has done. I did find a map of that first encounter online somewhere (the goblins and wagon/horse) and used that.

I know of that extension. Very handy to use published content with another game system.

Sadly I can’t play ICRPG at this time because everyone and their dog wants to play D&D. I can get them to test stuff for my books etc. but all they want to play is D&D.

I created that wagon encounter by myself but I could probably find it online if I were to search for it.