Addon to "Risk of Rain 2 meets ICRPG": What about levels?

homebrew

After seeing Smithy’s post on Risk of Rain 2 and ICRPG, I thought that I might try to figure out how the traditional RoR 2 level structure might work with ICRPG. Now this is VERY unfinished, as I haven’t worked on scrapping/printing or how the final boss would work. I have, however, made a chart to show the flow of the game as well as a simplified representation of how a level would look. Take a gander!
(Also, I couldn’t find a way to upscale the first image, please excuse the poor quality.)

This is cool! I’m excited that my post inspired you! :star_struck:

I haven’t really worked on any world-building / homebrew stuff for ICRPG in a while, but I might get back into it thanks to this post. :+1:

I don’t think I ever finished what I was working on with the Risk of Rain stuff. I think I still have to draw up the monster stats. I also may need to go back and reword some of the item descriptions / effects.

Personally if I do come back to homebrewing Risk of Rain content into ICRPG formats, then I might just try to encompass the whole of the Risk of Rain franchise, since Hopoo Games recently released Risk of Rain Returns, which is a remake & overhaul of the first Risk of Rain from 2013. There’s a lot of cool stuff you could do with it, like two different story lines you could run.

With the first story being Risk of Rain Returns. The UES Contact Light is attacked by Providence and crashes into Petrichor V, with the goal being return to the crashed ship and leave this hostile planet behind. You also may have to fight a demigod to leave, and it may have been a bad thing that you killed him.

The second story of course being Risk of Rain 2. The UES Safe Travels goes to Petrichor V to salvage any cargo and rescue any survivors. You end up going to the planet’s moon, Commencement, and fighting another demigod called Mithrix, who was trapped on that moon by Providence to protect the cosmos from his warmongering. Alternatively you might fall into The Void and fight a big old space spider. :spider:

That’s all I got for now, I gotta get ready for my shift at work today in a couple minutes.

Good post @Kettlestic :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the reply, glad to see you noticed this. Currently writing everything out by hand to memorize it all (and because I don’t have a printer lol). Lotsa fun ideas at play! Please tell me when you update the spreadsheet.