3x5 Character Sheets

craft
character-sheet

Does anyone know of a model for a character sheet that actually fits on a standard 3x5 index card? I had initially thought that was core to the game but I’m seeing that basically none of them are, at least in my attempts to find them. I don’t need a form-fillable PDF, just a model for how to map the essential details onto a standard index card would be nice.

You can find a good example here:

that link didn’t work for me. what am I doing wrong?

Great question. Hrrmmmmm. I need to investigate the original post. It seems maybe the website hosting those is gone. In the meantime, here are the images of the sheet:

This should work nicely, thanks! I guess I was a little stuck on the idea of index-card specific designs and missed this because of the vertical orientation, but it absolutely should do what i want.

I usually use the index cards that are blank on both sides, so the orientation doesn’t matter too much. That being said, I think you could easily manipulate these image elements with photoshop (or similar imagine manipulation program) to produce a “landscape” version.

Here’s my attempt, you need to write small, but that made it fun. I used a red fine-liner…

OH, I love this this is exactly what I was looking for!

3x5 ALL-THE-THINGS!! :joy:

:point_up:Hey that’s my philosophy. Helps draw in hesitant players.

“What? No. It’s not a ttrpg. This is just a plain ol’ card game, kinda like Uno. So anyways, you arrive at the ring of standing stones, littered with glimmering runic carvings…”

Bait and switch?!?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’ve been thinking about making cards as a teaching tool for new players. Specifically I feel like making some cards might clarify Attempt vs Effort (maybe cards would help people understand Basic vs Weapon vs Device/Gun as well?).

For I my character in Alfmarches I made these…

I really like the smaller size, and it’s cool having the character stats on their own sheet because the loot tends to change.

Here(assuming an image made it into this post) is my current iteration of a hero card, made for my honey for both of our first time playing any ttrpg. The blank space at the top is for her name, which she hasn’t chosen yet(we still haven’t played our first session!)

I plan to have each piece of loot on a separate card. Then players can swap out cards between their carried hand and their equipped hand. Maybe arrange their equipped cards on the table ccg style.

This is what is working for me inside my imagination. Probably best to stick with the advice of people who’ve DMed or at least played a game before though. :stuck_out_tongue:

ETA: Credit to my dog April for being my lovely table while I took the picture.