Skill system for ICRPG?

Yeah, isnā€™t that what the ā€˜Storyā€™ line on the pc sheet is for? :laughing:

I canā€™t help but think this is the way for using a skill list for ICRPGā€“to basically split up the big 6 into more boxes. Keeps it clean and simple, no table math dealing with multiple sources of bonus. I was toying with going a bit further and using a skill list more like Fate Core.

You could always do it the way that Castles & Crusades does with their Siege Engine mechanic.

"Human characters have three primary attributes. Demi-human races (dwarf, elf, gnome, half-elf, halfling and half-orc) have only two primary attributes. Each class has one primary attribute associated with it that cannot be changed.

The challenge class is a number generated by the Castle Keeper that represents the degree of difficulty for performing that action. The challenge class is generated in two steps. The first is ascertaining the challenge base. This is determined by whether or not the associated attribute is a primary or secondary one. If the associated attribute is a primary attribute, the challenge base is 12 and if it is a secondary attribute, the challenge base is 18."

Basically, you get +6 to rolls at things that your character is good at. I would adjust that bonus for ICRPG, maybe just make all primary attribute tests easy. You decide.