Ezzerhardens World Primer Collection

ezzerharden

UPDATEI have updated Collection on 8/12/2021. Since many of you have reached out for more info, I will be posting summaries of the more popular World Primers below… stay tuned… ~Ezzer

Please PM me directly, either here or on Discord, if you would like me to post more info about any of them.

Here is a snapshot for reference of the current works in progress

Game On!

Ezzerharden,

Brother what are you talking about here, you have a big list of random RPG worlds with little explanation beyond old posts for world primers - these are all worlds or encounters that already have primers built in.

Are you custom hexing out each of these worlds with roll-able tables for points of interest and bad guy encounters? Custom dungeons and the like? Are you converting these into ICRPG stats and encounters with timers threats treats, wonder that kind of stuff? Do you have a bunch VTT materials you are selling or giving away or something?

Rock on if you are just opening up the community to discuss some of these odd ones you have listed. I’ve never heard of a few of these but enough are familiar to see they are settings and encounters from other games. Do you have some wisdom to drop in regards to them or synthesis of ideas? Or do you just want to talk about them?

Deathbare

Some people have asked me for updated links to old posts of my world primers. I posted the list so they had a reference point…

I cannot post links to my works in progress because the mods cannot correct the issue with my account.

Also, I was asked not to bomb the forums with descriptions of all my works in progress.

So… I posted the list and just wanted people to know if they wanna read about my stuff to send me a PM… cause I am not able to post links to them in the forums.

I am always want to talk about my works and get feedback on any playtests anyone does with them. If you have any questions please fire away…

Game On!

Cause many have asked for more info on a few popular primers, I am posting summaries below. If you see something you wanna know about, ask me anything. :slight_smile:

AETERNUM

Based on Fragged: Aeternum by Wade Dryer

Aeternum , the eternal city, is a place of strife and mystery. It is a metropolis spanning the entirety of known existence; its buildings, parks and streets stretch from horizon to horizon without end. Within Aeternum the souls of the dead do not lie still. When humans die, their soul will rise from their body as a green ghost of their former selves. After the briefest pause, the soul will either ascend into the sky or crawl down beneath the ground. The people of the infinite city live their lives under the shadow of a disturbing revelation; most souls do not ascend.

The Tethered, an order of undying champions, have stepped forward to guide and protect humanity. The early Tethered chose man over Celestials, Fiends, and worldly motivations. They strove to ensure the people of Aeternum can live long, fruitful lives, giving them time to find a way for their souls to ascend.

WHAT IS A TETHERED?

• Tethered are blessed (or cursed) individuals who applied to join The Order , were killed by the golden fire of a Great Lantern and were then brought back to life.
  • Each Tethered is an amazingly powerful individual (but still far less powerful than many Fiends and other powerful individuals across Aeternum).
  • Each Tethered character can cast spells and most channel their personal power through a prominent weapon.
  • When a Tethered die, they turn into a Specter for a short time before vanishing. Tethered are more powerful as a Specter and can be raised back to life by another Tethered, or by a Great Lantern, once the sun goes down.
  • All Tethered can use magic to heal other Tethered .
  • Most Tethered appear to age at one-tenth the speed of a normal human and they do not die of old age.
  • Tethered become insane or corrupted in their old age (as the slow walk of time and the whispers of Fiends wear them down), leading many to permanently end their own lives once they feel the time is right.
  • The Tethered Orders primary goal is to save human lives so they may find a way for their human souls to ascend.
  • The greatest sin a Tethered can commit is to cause a human soul to become irreversibly corrupted by a Fiend.
  • The second greatest sin a Tethered can commit is to murder an uncorrupted human.
  • It is rumored if a Tethered stray too far from the Order’s laws they will be imprisoned, stripped of some power and not allowed to be raised from the dead.
  • Most ordinary people don’t know about the Tethered and dismiss them as fairy tales.

The ASCENT

a world primer based on the upcoming video game by Descent Studios

This is mostly a mod of Altered State (by our very own Alex Alvarez) with some house rules added in… but the world is ripe with opportunities for RPG.

Welcome to The Ascent Group arcology, a self-contained corporate-run metropolis, stretching high into the sky and filled with creatures from all over the galaxy. You play as a worker, enslaved by the company that owns you and everyone else in your district. You get things done, whatever menial task is given. One day, whilst sent on a routine assignment to make use of your skills with a cyberdeck, you are suddenly caught in a vortex of catastrophic events.

The Ascent Group, the largest mega corporation on the planet, shuts down for unknown reasons, causing the automated security systems to go haywire. The survival of your district is threatened: rival corporations are trying to force appropriation and crime syndicates are looking to boost their black-market augmentation trade. You must take up arms to stop them from seizing control and embark on a new mission to find out what started it all.

Explore the world of Veles, alone or with up to three friends, to find out what happened. Your ascent through the arcology will lead you across the path of the most impressive enemies but also unexpected alliances. Fully customize your character’s appearance, skills and abilities to match your playstyle and loot various weapons and gear as you grow stronger. Your ascent begins now.

This is a very new work in progress… more to come as I find the time.

This is one by yours truly and one of my favorites!!! This project started in the sketchbook of Richard Whitters. His bear fighters sketch would not stop resonating with me. Within the first few days of seeing the sketch, I had written 10 pages of notes about them. Here is the premise I first wrote when I saw it…

BEAR WARS

HUMANS are the bad guys, and everyone else is a BEAR; living in a magic blasted land of BEAST tribes led by MEN; on a burned out, war torn, fantasy world named SALT.

What you hold in your hands is the work of years of review, rewrite, and playtest. There is still much work to do, but my hope is I have done justice to the great piece of fantasy art by RW. (Thanks Richard for the inspiration.) Now grab some crystals, your favorite dice, a handful of friends and … Game On! ~Ezzerharden

WORLD SUMMARY

On the world of SALT, a world war between BEARS and MEN is set in a desolate wasteland blasted by magical warfare. The BEARS have traveled from UMBRA to escape one war, only to find another on KINGSLAND. It is littered with crashed war machines, fallen titans, destroyed land ships, broken air wings, dead behemoths, fallen castle ruins, and burned out towns; all brought down by MEN during the last century of magical conflicts known as THE MAGIC WARS.

KINGSLAND is the BEARS new home, but this new world is also home to MEN and BEASTS. The SPIRES are enormous narrow mesa’s cracked by earthquakes and wild magic. Within those cracks, living in dimly lit caves, live the BEASTS. Primitive humans, devolved from the form of MEN. The BEASTS live in the spires. MEN live at the top of the SPIRES, in cavernous halls of blasted stone and blackwood.

The BEARS have just discovered MAGIC. MEN mastered it long ago.

BEARS have great mental powers called PSI. MEN do not and fear its power over the mind.

Swords are called BLADES, and Spears called SPIKES.

The BLACK KING rules KINGSLAND. There is only one thing he fears more than power of the BEAR, is the DARK ONE.

BEAR CREATION

1. Choose an image, and dream a story
  2. Build STATS (6 pts) and EFFORT (4 pts)
  3. Choose your LOOT: Pick 2 Weapons, and 1 Equipment Pack
  4. Choose 1 BIO-FORM
  5. Select 1 CLAN WEAPON
  6. Choose 1 KEYWORD: Think of these as Milestone Abilities.

BIOFORMS

Choose 1 at Creation.

BROWN STEALTHY (EASY rolls to move stealthily) +2 DEX
BLACK TOUGH (Re-roll CON Saves) +2 CON,
GRIZZLY DANGEROUS (double BASIC in melee), +2 STR
PANDA FIGHTER (MAGIC with WEAPONS) +1 STR
POLAR GIANT (+1 to any two Stats) +1 Effort (Choose one)
KOALA ENCHANTED (MAGIC explodes), +1 INT, +1 KEYWORD

SPECIAL RULES

FOCUS

KEYWORD: PSION is required to use FOCUS and PSI FX.

As an action, choose 1 target as a FOCUS with a CHA CHECK.

If successful, you gain FOCUS POINTS (FP) equal to your CHA+1. If you fail you lose your FOCUS. You may try again next round.

Spend FP to create PSI FX. See PSI FX for more info.

Once all FP are spent, another FOCUS check is needed to replenish them.

Only apply FX on your FOCUS.

Only 1 target in FOCUS at any given time.

Do not make CHECKS to apply FX on your FOCUS, unless the FX state otherwise.

FOCUS POINTS are lost when:

• You change targets, voluntarily or not.
  • You fail a FOCUS check.
  • You take any damage.
  • TIME changes. (see ICRPG CORE for more on TIME)

PSI FX RULES

The number of FX powers you know is equal to your CHA base points. Choose from the list of PSI FX powers.

PSI FX powers are learned thru constant study and meditation. (See KEYWORD Student of the Mind)

Unless the specific FX or KEYWORD say otherwise, all the following rules apply to FX:

1. Spend 1 Focus Point [FP] per FX.
  2. You cannot activate the same FX twice in the same turn.
  3. Range is Line of Sight for all FX.
  4. All FX are Gun (d8) damage/effort.

The Doors of Eden : Warp Shell-adjacent story

@Shadowrun Returns
based off the RPG - Shadowrun…

An ICRPG d6 variant system

• 6 CREATION POINTS (CP) to spend on your characters STATS. 4 CP to spend on your EFFORT.

• DICE POOL: Each POINT of STAT or EFFORT is worth 1d6. When you make an ATTEMPT, roll all your STAT+EFFORT dice, adding any LOOT or EDGE dice.

• ROLLING DICE: Mark 1 success for each die that rolls a 5 or 6 when making any ATTEMPT or CHECK. Roll as many dice as you like from your dice pool (made up from your STAT, LOOT, or other bonuses/penalties) up to the maximum allowed by the DICE CAP. Count your successes and compare them to the ROOM TARGET. Only 1 success is needed. Additional successes add to EFFORT.

• EFFORT is generated by rolling the number of dice that were successful. Each die counts as 1 point of effort/damage. Some ATTEMPTS may not need to generate EFFORT. Typically, you roll EFFORT dice when causing damage in combat,

For Example: The attempt with 7 dice gave you 4 successes. You roll the 4 successes to determine the amount of damage you have caused. Each die rolls, 3,4,5, and 6. You do 2 points of damage. Some LOOT may add dice bonuses to ATTEMPTS, EFFORT, or both!

ARMOR: Each point of ARMOR allows you to absorb damage. When you take damage, roll your ARMOR dice pool, 1 point equals 1 die. Each success (5 or 6) reduces the damage by 1. Some armor degrades when hit, losing 1 point for each successful attack. There are magical attacks, and some ammo, designed to degrade your ARMOR.

DEAD MOUNTAIN

Dead Mountain is a mash up of Ghost Mountain and Deadlands … Think Cowboys and Zombies, Yee-haw!

Additional Character Creation Notes

• RANKS: The 5 stars on your sheet represents your RANK. For every natural 20 you roll in any attempt, you gain 1 Mastery Point. When you reach 20 Points, You gain 1 RANK. Each Rank you gain grants 1 MILESTONE and 1 Heart. Optional: GM’s may allow the player to choose a MASTER per Quickstart rules instead of a milestone. RANKS are noted as NOVICE > SEASONED > VETERAN > HERO > LEGEND. Higher Ranks allow you to select more powerful EDGES.
  • Common Archetypes are Gunfighter , Lawman , Huckster , Shaman , Blessed , and Mad Scientist .
  • Take a Hindrance (and the bonus EDGE), every time your Hindrance comes into play, you gain a Fate Chip!
  • If an Edge, Hindrance, or Power needs conversion, give it a try, and submit it to the Marshall.!

FATE CHIPS

20 WHITE poker chips, 10 RED poker chips, and 5 BLUE poker chips are placed in a bag or can called "the Pot".

Everyone, including the MARHSALL, starts every game with 3 draws from the Pot.

• WHITE add BASIC EFFORT to STAT checks OR reroll STAT checks. You cannot add to, nor reroll, EFFORT when you spend a WHITE chip.
  • RED add WEAPON EFFORT to ANY check OR reroll ANY roll, BUT grants the Marshall a draw from the Pot.
  • BLUE add MAGIC EFFORT to ANY check OR reroll ANY roll, and no Marshall draw.
  • BLACK (LEGEND) add ULTIMATE EFFORT to ANY check OR reroll ANY roll. Spend 1 unused BLACK LEGEND chips at the end of the session for a free EDGE!?!

NOTES ON FATE CHIPS:

• REROLLS- You get 1 reroll per CHIP. You must keep the reroll, even if its worse.
  • UNUSED CHIPS- Any chip not used, at the end of your game session, are forfeit and returned to the Pot.
  • FATE CHIP USE- You must declare use of the bonus die before making the roll. If you do not spend a FATE CHIP before the roll, you can only spend it after the roll for a reroll.
  • LEGEND chips are added to the Pot when a remarkable and heroic act is attempted. Reducing the Fear Level of a location, stopping 1 of the infamous horsemen, selfless rescue of an innocent, are all good examples. Just beatin’ up cowpokes and horse thieves aint’ gonna cut it.

GRIMDARK FUTURE

A World Primer based on the Warhammer 40k universe. If you dont know anything about the lore, look for the Wiki on Google.

It primarily uses the VDS Beta 3 rules as its bones, but there is some changes to meet the depth of the universe… and it’s a big universe!

Art by the one and only Hankerin Ferinale himself!

SPECIAL RULES

Below is a brief summary of some of the rules used in my game.

ADVANTAGE (5e)

ARMOR (Mod of VDS)

You may only wear 1 piece of armor and hold 1 shield. Each can absorb 3 HITS. See rules for PUSHING GEAR.

CALLED SHOTS (ICRPG)

Called shots are a HARD roll. ALWAYS.

CHUNKS (ICRPG)

Large Power Armor like Terminator armor, Tau Battle Suits, Mecha, Vehicles, and large machines of war. These are some examples of things that use the CHUNKS rule.

• Each CHUNK has its own HITS (typically 5 for power armor, or 10 for vehicles) per location.
  • Each CHUNK can have 1 function, weapon, or ability. See individual listings for each location.
  • If a CHUNK is destroyed, the function or ability is lost as well.
  • Random location when hit. In Terminator armor, for example, roll 1d8 clockwise, 1 Head, 2 Rt Shoulder… ending with 8 Body. See drawing below.

CORRUPTION (D20 wh40k)

Everyone starts at 0, and increases when you are exposed to the Warp. Your GM will tell you when this happens.
When your Corruption reaches 10, transform into a Chaos Spawn. Sorry no take backs. There are ways to reduce your Corruption… Work with your GM to find the way.

• When exercising paychic power in a cruel way increases your Corruption by 1.
  • Use a power that deals any type of damage other than cold, fire, force, lightning, radiant, or thunder, Corruption increases by 1.

CRITICAL HITS (VDS)

The effect of your roll achieves its maximum narrative effect.
If attacking, destroy 1 piece of armor.
Take another turn instantly.
If using a skill, mark off 2 bubbles to improve that skill.

DISADVANTAGE (5e)

EMPEROR’S CHILDREN (VDS mod)

All campaigns are granted no more than ten Space Marines to defeat their enemies.
The players will always create a list of 10 names. These are the 10 named space marines they can choose to play (instead of their other characters) for as many sessions as they like. Exchanging them as they please. Typically the GM should only allow players to choose a Space Marine when the story may allow… but calling in a battle squad of 5 marines when everyone is downed by a Big Bad End Guy, is a dramatic moment that they will not be able to resist.

But there is a cost… If all 10 Space Marines are lost, the campaign ends. Too many of the Emperor’s children have died in your failed cause.

IMPERIAL EAGLE (ICRPG)

Imperial Eagles replace Hero Coins. Use them for a free re-roll at any time. When at a location where you can purchase items, spend 1 coin for 1 roll on a loot table.

MASTERY (ICRPG)

You gain 1 point of Mastery whenever you roll a 20 on any roll.
20 Mastery points grant you +1 Creation Point.
You can spend creation points as follows:

• Loot Table Roll (you will always be able to recover (make new, buy, find) this item, if lost, damage, stolen, etc.)
  • +1 Stat Bonus
  • +1 Imperial Eagle
  • Choose another Milestone Ability.

PUSHING GEAR (VDS)

RAGE DICE (Altered State)

HEAVY GEAR

This world primer is based on the Heavy Gear Universe by Dream Pod 9.

I based the rules on ICRPG and Mecha Hack… with some spice for more flavor.

Set on the distant colony world of Terra Nova, Heavy Gear offers a rich and believable science-fiction setting for fast- paced Mecha action and adventure. Abandoned millennia ago by Earth’s government, the colonists on Terra Nova were beset by the dangerous and diverse environmental conditions of the dry and hot planet. Despite this adversity, the proud and tough settlers banded together in polar confederations, developing advanced 4-meter-tall walkers, or “Gears,” to make the difficult work ahead of them more manageable. Today, the ubiquitous Gears are found across the desert world, whether in police forces, livestock ranches, gladiatorial bouts, construction teams or, most famously, mechanized military regiments. Gears have transformed life on the harsh world of Terra Nova, and color every aspect of life here.

CHUNKS

• CHUNKS : Each GEAR is made up of 8 CHUNKS . Each CHUNK has 5 HP. Each CHUNK can mount 1 weapon, or 1 piece of hardware, never both. When taking damage, assume it is taken, in aggregate, 1 CHUNK at a time. i.e.: take 10 HP damage, 2 CHUNKS are destroyed. Use a simple die roll to decide what CHUNKS take damage, or optionally use the Random Hit Location table.
  • GEAR RANGE PENALTIES : GEAR scale ranged weapons make NORMAL rolls at Targets within NEAR, and HARD rolls at targets within FAR.
  • HANDHELD WEAPONS : GEAR scale weapons do not take up space, but are subject to being damaged / destroyed by Called Shots thru a HARD roll [vs a NORMAL roll] or Critical Failure.
  • BURNING POWER : Use this onboard fuel just like SPELL BURN. ie: 4 ROUNDS of actions, roll to recover for 1D4 ROUNDS. Mitigate this limit with a fuel pack (1 CHUNK, escalates limit by 1 ROUND). Overclock actions by burning extra fuel. Double a WEAPON’s damage, move DOUBLE FAR or the like with an extra ROUND of fuel used.
  • ABLATIVE ARMOR : CHUNKS of ARMOR grant +5 per CHUNK. When CHUNKS of ARMOR are destroyed, the suit will need repair. This means suit ARMOR steadily reduces during combat.
  • CRITICAL DAMAGE : If a suit takes 20 or more damage in a single hit, 4 CHUNKS are destroyed and the suit is totally immobile for 1D4 ROUNDS or until repaired.
  • UPGRADES : Add CHUNKS to a suit at a garage or hangar with 1 roll per CHUNK. This is important if upgrading in MOMENTS or during combat.
  • REPAIRS : Repair with an INT roll, doing BASIC work on a CHUNK of your choice. Use tools or a Power Armor Repair Kit to improve the roll and EFFORT.
  • SOCIAL STATUS : Anyone wearing POWER ARMOR is generally perceived as wealthy, military, or royal status. This can be used to great effect in rural areas.

ENGINE DICE

All Heavy Gears are powered by a unique piston engine called a V-engine mounted as a backpack. This is different than most science fiction settings that use some form of nuclear power or even more obscure or invented power source.

The players are intimately aware of the design and capacity of each engine. They are allowed to repair and improve upon the design as they see fit. This intuitive understanding allows most pilots to push their assigned Gear to do things outside of its design parameters. In the game, we represent this trained ability with Engine Dice.

Similar to Altered States rules for SURGE DICE, the rules for ENGINE DICE allow each player to begin play with 3d8 dice pool. To be rolled and added to any roll they see fit. Players can use any, all, or any combination in the dice pool.

Engine Dice are all refreshed at the beginning of each game session.

Here are some examples of when and how to use ENGINE DICE:

• Add to any roll to ensure success
  • Add to any damage roll to increase damage
  • Add to any recovery roll to increase health
  • Add to a dying timer
  • Roll to soak damage
  • Bend rules of movement or what’s possible

Note: As an optional house rule, a pilot can survive the destruction of his or her assigned Gear, but at the cost of burning (permanent loss of) 1 die from their Engine Dice Pool.

GM’s are encouraged to hand out Engine Dice as a reward for great roleplaying, ideas, and tactics. You CAN have more than 3 dice in your pool BUT if you don’t use them, you lose them at the end of your game session. Your pool refreshes at the beginning of the next game session.

CONVERSION NOTES

Below is the example of how to convert the stat blocks from the d6 system to ICRPG.
The infamous PIT BULL will be used as the example. As a general rule, the number of dice used to denote a skill check from HEAVY GEAR d6, convert as a bonus to the attempt/check with a d20 in ICRPG.

Choose a GEAR from any of the GEAR manuals and convert them to your game. See your GM for more info.

As an alternative method, (although most characters will not get to build their own GEAR) with your GM’s permission, you can create your own GEAR using the following method:

• Add all the dice noted for each HEAVY GEAR under Maneuver, Sensors, Speed, Armor, and Commo; and divide the total by 2. This would be the number of creation points you would spend on your GEAR ARMOR, PILOTING, and SENSORS scores.
  • The Pit Bull for example would have 4 Maneuver +2 Sensors +2 Speed +2 Armor +2 Commo= 12 total , divided by 2 = 6 Creation Points. (Always round down)
  • Choose 3 WEAPONS and 3 AUX SYSTEMS.
  • Special Note: Most HEAVY GEARS come with ARCS as standard equipment.

CREW

The crew will not change. Some larger tanks and gears will have 2 or more crew. When this is the case, everyone has 2 actions. Each ACTION may not be repeated by another crew member. Only the pilot can complete a MOVE action. The "pilot" is interchangeable between turns.

ARMOR & DAMAGE

ARMOR =10 +Armor Dice bonus… for example, the PIT BULL has a Armor of 2D+1. Ignore the +1 and only count DICE as the bonus. This example will grant a +2 bonus to the ARMOR of the Heavy Gear.

The PIT BULL would have a ARMOR score of 10+2= 12.

Also the Armor Dice bonus grants DAMAGE REDUCTION . Reduce all incoming damage by the same amount of Armor bonus granted.

I.E. The PIT BULL has an Armor bonus of 2. It is struck by a VibroBlade for 6 points of damage to its Body. A killing blow! … But… With an ARMOR bonus of +2, it reduces the 6 points to 4 points. (6 - 2 = 4). Its Hull is exposed but intact, with 1 remaining HP left in that location.

MANEUVER

PILOTING checks would benefit from the Maneuver score as a bonus to your CHECK. For example, the PIT BULL has a Maneuver of 4D (3D for Ground). This grants a +4 to Piloting Checks as a GEAR, but a +3 to Piloting check when using its wheeled ability.

SENSORS & COMMS

SENSORS same deal. PIT BULL has Sensors 2D. This converts to +2 bonus to Sensor and Comms Checks. Typically a Sensor check is made when visibility, line of sight, obscurity, or ECM’s effect your ability to lock onto a target. Ignore the Comms bonuses at is is typically a redundent stat for the RPG.

SPEED

Speed is not a factor and we will default to the ICRPG standard of CLOSE, NEAR, and FAR. Although the scale will be larger due to the scale of the Heavy Gears.

ARMAMENTS

Guns cause GUN Effort.

Lasers, Missiles, Particle Accelerators, and Vibro Weapons cause TECH Effort.

Obviously, MAN scale weapons do MAN scale damage. Man size weapons cannot harm GEARS, with few exceptions.

GEAR scale weapons do GEAR scale damage. GEAR scale weapons do damage in HEARTS to people. 1 point of GEAR effort = 10 hp.

AUXILARY SYSTEMS

These are noted in the GEAR and WEAPON TAGS. Allocate any stems to empty CHUNK locations.

GEAR CONVERSION EXAMPLE for the PA-01 WARRIOR

GEAR ARMOR = 13

PILOTING = +3

SENSORS = +1

Chunk 1. RT SHOULDER: ECM

Chunk 2. LT SHOULDER: Mini Missile Pod [*MMR Mini Missile, TECH]

Chunk 3. RT ARM : Manipulator Arm: Handheld Vibro Blade

Chunk 4. LT ARM : Manipulator Arm: ****Handheld PR-25 Autocannon)[AC Burst, Split, Ballistic, GUN]

Chunk 5. BODY : APGL-78 Grenade Launcher [*GL Armor Piercing, Ballistic, Indirect, GUN]

Chunk 6. LT LEG : M9 Grenade x3 [Indirect, GUN]

Chunk 7. RT LEG: Fire Control Computer [FCC grants ADVANTAGE on shooting rolls.]

Chunk 8. HEAD : A.R.C.S. [Active Radar Communications Systems]

MODERN ARCANA

_ … is a campaign setting based on the Urban Arcana (a Campaign Setting for d20 Modern) but using the Index Card RPG Core Rules._

EFFORT TYPE [dice]: description

BASIC [d4] : Fists, Basic Tools, Improvised Weapons

WEAPONS [d6] : Advanced Tools, Swords, Axes, Hammers, and Spears

GUNS/TECH [d8] : High Tech Tools, Pistols, Rifles, Submachine, Automatic, Large caliber (30 cal or less), and Shotguns

FX [d10] : Spells, Psionics, Supernatural, and Spirit powers.

ULTIMATE [d12] : Explosives, Grenades, Grenade Launchers, High Caliber weapons (greater than 30 cal). Anything larger should do a full HEART of damage per hit.

I would highly recommend the d20 Modern: Weapons Locker supplement for reference. ~Ezzer

TRAINING

Using the Tag system from Blood and Snow, create a tag for each Training, or use the list from the ones below. Reference the d20 Modern rulebook or Modern Arcana for more on skills and training. The rule of thumb is a Training should provide a +2 bonus to attempts/checks.

Some combinations should be allowed to make a check EASY. Especially when players are supporting each other with similar or complimentary skills.

NEW RULES

ACTION POINTS

Everyone starts with 5. After a die roll, but before the GM reveals the results, a player can decide to spend 1 ACTION POINT to add 1d6 to your attempt/check.

You can also spend 1 ACTION POINT to create 1 FX. When used to create FX, the player does not add a bonus die to the roll. To roll a bonus die, you would have to spend another ACTION POINT. The FX created automatically succeeds. No casting roll, not target to hit, save succeeds, and there is no FX BURN.

Find an appropriate set of tokens to represent Action Points. Small six sided dice are recommended but glass beads, small counting blocks, or poker chips are a good substitute.

Action Points REFRESH to 5 MAX, at the beginning of every game session. If you had more than 5, reduce your ACTION POINTS to 5 at the beginning of every game session.

Use them or lose them, as the old saying goes.

Your GM grants ACTION POINTS as a reward for clever plans or good role playing during the session. Dont forget to use them before the end of the night.

DEFENSE (DEF)

DEFENSE replaces ARMOR. DEFENSE equals your DEX+LOOT.

When a monster attacks, the player makes a DEFENSE check vs TARGET and adds their DEFENSE. Sometimes DEX bonus may not apply. See your GM for more on DEX bonuses.

FX, Class, Loot, Cover, Tags, and Size modifiers are all factors that can modify your DEFENSE.

FX

FX are any spells, psionics, abilities, or powers beyond ordinary items or people.
The term is short for Special Effects. FX LOOT uses FX EFFORT (4 pts).

FX ATTEMPTS

Roll INT or WIS against the current ROOM TARGET. If you fail, try the exact same cast on your next TURN with an EASY roll. Any other action negates this effect, as you have lost your focus.

BURN

Bypass a casting roll to guarantee success, but lose the use of the FX until you complete a FULL REST (1 turn in DAYS/8 turns in HOURS). Spending an Action Point to create an FX ignores the FX BURN rule.

HERO COINS

Hero Coins are spent to grant ADVANTAGE OR REROLL any single ATTEMPT. You can only have 1 HERO COIN at a time. It can be combined with ACTION POINTS.

HEAVY

Any damage inflicted with anything using the HEAVY keyword immediately causes you to begin DYING per the MASSIVE DAMAGE rules in ICRPG Core.

MASSIVE DAMAGE

Damage greater than your DEF+CON, incurred in a single attack, cause you to immediately begin dying from your injuries. See DEATH & DYING.

ROLL or BURN

When creating any FX, either roll to cast (INT or WIS) or bypass a casting roll to guarantee success, but lose the use of the FX until you complete a FULL REST (See ICRPG MAGIC pg.36) See FX BURN.

EXPERIMENTAL RULES

• STR determines the number of melee attacks. Don’t add STR bonus to ATTEMPTS/CHECKS. This rules overwrites the Melee Attack rule.
  • DEX determines the number of ranged attacks. Don’t add DEX bonus to ATTEMPTS/CHECKS. This rule overwrites the Ranged Attack rule.
  • WIS bonus determines the amount of Spells (and such) you know at CREATION.
  • INT bonus is added to the FX ATTEMPTS/CHECKS.
  • CHA bonus can add be added to characters TRAINING when social interaction is needed.
  • Use left over Action Points to increase your Mastery total

Can you post Star Wars vs Aliens and Star Frontiers?

Star Frontiers is super easy to do with Warp Shell… I dont have alot to show for that World Primer. I would recommend ignoring the magic and adding your own Races to the mix… but it’s an easy world to play with.

As for Star Wars vs Aliens… that one is just an idea at the moment… a “blank canvas” yet to be drawn upon. As soon as I have more to show I will update this post.

Game On!

@IronShepherd … Here are some examples of my world primers.

If you want more details or access, hit me up with a DM.

Game On!

Do you have the additional rules for this you can share directly to me? I wanted to look it over. Specifically AETERNUM.

This seems cool, is it ready to publish soon?

unfortunately this is for private use only. I dont have permission from all parties to publish it. Game On!

~Ezzer