Dual Wielding Attacks?

If you are dual wielding 2 weapons do you get 2 attacks on your turn by default or only via LOOT?

EX A piece of Blip WARP SHELL LOOT (Milestone) is called “Twin Duranium Claws” which allow you to Extra Attack. Barious other Milestones only allow Extra Attack if you score above X on your attack (Kettish Chains 15, Archer/ Mech Chainsword 13)

What brought this up is that in ICRPG WORLDS it says the Gunslinger (Ghost Mountain) gets 2 Six Shooters one of the WARPSHELL classes is depicted with 2 swords.

If it isnt an official Rule from Hank, I had idea of an offhand attack being HARD with no Bonus, unless you have special LOOT.

I’ve actually done that before for my wife’s character. That, or just make it a HARD roll to double the Effort. There are also good ideas with Feats in Khans Spells and Feats

The basic premise is through Loot…but play it how you want.

a single attack is not necessarily just one shot or one swing of the sword. Combat in RPGs is a lot more abstract than that.

There are no rules written for two weapons but in his games Hank ruled that the second attack is HARD. You can use the same rule or say that two attacks are NORMAL or tie it to loot, or use FEATS in Spell’s and Feats, or do whatever you think appropriate for your table.

Khan in`
There are no rules written for two weapons but in his games Hank ruled that the second attack is HARD. You can use the same rule or say that two attacks are NORMAL or tie it to loot, or use FEATS in Spell’s and Feats, or do whatever you think appropriate for your table.
[/quote]

Yo Khan have ICRPG CORE,WORLDS, and MAGIC. Is there a book that has Feats?

Sure there is and it happens to be my book. :smile:

Here are the relevant forum threads, if you want to learn more:

Unless the player specifically wants his character to be badass at TWF, it’s just another Tuesday in my games.

What DOES change is the availability of the TAGS of BOTH weapons in their attacks. So at the same time it isn’t really the greatest of benefits, it’s a nifty little thing to have in mind when choosing how to fight. Makes the game a bit more strategic without slowing the pace down.

Hey alright! I like how Swords & Wizardry does it where they keep it simple where Dual Wielding grants a +1 to Hit, using a Weapon with 2 Hands for +1 Damage, and a shield in one hand for +1 AC.

Hey @Cxdfc,

After playing ICRPG for a long time now, here are three super easy ways to handle dual wielding that exist within the history and rules of the game:

Make a hard roll. If successful, roll weapon effort twice.

Or, use the SURGE system in Altered State to allow special melee attacks like two weapon fighting.

Or, make dual wield a milestone and allow the character to roll weapon effort twice after a normal roll to attack, similar to the Ghost vibro-blade module.

Well there is also blips twin duranium claws that just let you attack twice.
Tho that seems to be a specific LOOT item that is an exception rather than the rule. Other LOOT that lets you attack again if you roll X or higher on the die, but i already mentioned those in OP and that isn’t specific to dual wielding (but could be reflavored)

All of this is for a STARWARS ICRPG hack homebrew. And I was planning to make Milestones for Saber Arts and forms. Single sabers get damage bonuses for striking with both hands, and Harder to Disarm. Staff Sabers (Maul) let you cyclone attack (Agnar’s hit all CLOSE with one roll) and bonus kick people. Twin Sabers let you attack twice and bonus ARMOR. FORCE POWERs being treated like a simplified spell system from MAGIC with a progressional upgrade using a purchase method of Force Points (similar to that old Jedi academy game)

I haven’t heard of altered state, so didnt know about that ruling. I only have CORE, WORLDS, and MAGIC atm. Should ALTERED STATE be my next book?

My advice and a cup of coffee is worth only a cup of coffee. I don’t know what I’m talking about most of the time.

Alex won’t tell you to buy altered state because he is the primary author/designer of it.

My suggestion would be Yes, altered State is worth it. But I think you can get the Altered State Primer (character creation) and other things for $2 if you join runehammers Patreon.

Just in case Fast Action Anime Cyberpunk in the slickest method I have seen. (I played a lot of cyberpunk games).

Not my favorite world…but Alex did a Magnus Opus in stretching ICRPG rules in extreme ways.

My easiest solution to Two-Weapon Fighting is that the item requires another slot and then you can’t use a shield or hold a torch/lantern. HOWEVER, you make your standard attacks and if you succeed, roll WEAPON EFFORT twice and keep the better result.

Afterwards, you can offer more advanced versions of it with loot that gives permanent EFFORT bonus, or that you can roll HARD and roll double EFFORT.