5 Room Dungeon Community Project/Challenge

community-projects

Art by Jordan Grimmer

So it looks like many of us want to make 5 Room Dungeons! Woot, I’m not alone!

Here is what I’m proposing as a Community Project/Challenge for anyone who would like to get involved.

• Over the next few weeks, either alone or in collaboration with other lumpy heads, design a 5 Room Dungeon to share with the community.

• Your 5 Room Dungeon should roughly follow the framework as presented by Johnn Four’s Ultimate Guide to 5 Room Dungeons and as discussed in Runehammer’s Room Design: A 5 Room Dungeon . That structure being:

• An Entrance/Guardian
    • A Puzzle or Roleplaying Challenge
    • A Trick or Setback
    • A Climax, Big Battle, or Conflict
    • A Reward, Revelation, or Plot Twist
  • Incorporate one or more of the following themes any way you wish:

• An abandoned dwarven mine
    • A hallucinogenic swamp
    • Underwater ice tunnels

And that’s it! Hopefully that all made sense.

I’m thinking that a good end date for this project should be something like December 13th. That’s roughly a month to brainstorm, design, and prepare to share whatever you wish.

If you want to collaborate with others, I recommend you just turn to the Shield on your left or right and say “Hey! Fellow Lumpy Head, you want to work together on this?” or ask around for people to join your team as @BlazingPolyhedron already has.

Obviously, this community project is by no means restrictive. If you want to use all three themes and tie them together into a mega-dungeon then go right ahead! I’d love to see it! If you want to rearrange the order of the rooms, hack away! If you want to share a 5 Room Dungeon that you already made for the campaign you’re running, please do!

All and all, this is just an excuse to collaborate, share ideas, and get to know each other. I, for one, have loved every chance I’ve had to work with members of this community and I love community projects!

Good luck and I can’t wait to see what we all make!

5 Room Dungeon Idea for a Community Project. Anyone interested?

This is awesome! Sign me up: I’d love to collaborate with others. Please PM me if you’d like to work together.

Join my team, then! :smiley:

I am assuming we post them in this thread? One per person/team?

If you’d like! Or you could create a new thread to highlight your 5 Room Dungeon so it doesn’t get lost in a string of replies. Either way :smiley:

And I’m certainly not going to stop you or any team from making more. The challenge is for just one, but we all know how challenges go sometimes.

Hell yes, let’s go :-}

Totally missed this. Anyone need some drawings? @KaneDriscol

At the moment, I’m not sure. I know @BlazingPolyhedron is leading out on a team for a 5 Room dungeon. I also believe @SunderedWorldDM is leading out on a group as well.

Yes we are! No maps yet, we’re still brainstorming!

Let me know if you’d like some art done. I’d be able to contribute maybe an overview map and a few (2-3) paper standees. Otherwise, if you got that sorted, same to @SunderedWorldDM.

Any news about that project?

Perhaps with the free/1$ patreon support of Runehammer we can stat making 5 page dungeons?

Post them here as one page dungeons?!? But 5 room max? All in PNG files???

Was just asking, I do love the idea of community projects…

I am currently working on a sort of… template/project to invite the community to work together again for another adventure! Can’t wait to see the result!