Zone Token Assets

zones

Hey guys,

tomorrow, I’m going to do my first game withOUT a full VTT. So I decided to go via static background image in discord chat with room DC and zone numbering attached to it (via Gimp).

idk whether there is a set of zone tokens available … but here’s is mine for you fine guys. Feel free to drag them into gimp, photoshop or the VTT of your choice. May be a cool thing to spice up your scenes.

Here you can find those images:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WXQgFo6Cjx6wl0WLxIPZbtWKnLbXFiCu?usp=sharing

Example scene using ICRPG assets:

[A] and [B] : huge flames (btw my players extinguished one of them)
[C] and [D] : stairs to the altar
[E] : demon altar

Greetings,
glocke

I feel greedy asking for the rest of the alphabet, but damn these look great.

Thx. The rest of the alphabet doesn’t exist in this form, yet. Currently, I plan on going from A, over B to C etc. not needing the entire alphabet. But sure, if you mark the [B]alcony, the [S]teeldoor and the [W]ooden Chest, you’d need them.

You may get them in the future :slight_smile:

You read my mind. It’s a tiny edge, making the code letter match, but the little edges add up. :nerd_face: Thanks for sharing these, they look great!

Do you want individual letters? Or do you want letters laid out on a single sheet? Or something else entirely?

I’ll take some time off from proofreading my book and I’ll have some time during the weekend.
Tell me what you need and I’ll make them for you.

A full set of matching alphabet tokens like these could have a lot of applications for the low tech map builder like me. (I pile tokens and images together in like PowerPoint or something and take a screenshot.)

-Prebuilding single background maps with letters to zones as above. Or doing on the fly.
-Labeling the Zone map card with whole name spelled out.
-On the fly differentiating between mobs of enemies bases on a Descriptive Tag. (Like in novels how basic cast get nicknames in combat: you could put the first enemy down as a token with art, then letters for the rest of the gang. E could be the “Eyepatch” Troll, M could be “Mustacioed Troll” and Y could be “YOLO tattoo Troll”. Or whatever. :grin:
And probably more ideas will pop up when there’s an option.

Numbers, Arrow, ?, ! could all be useful too. (Just noodlin’ Not trying to be greedy.)

Basically you want all letters in the alphabet, all digits, an arrow, ? and !. I’ll throw in a star and some other icons as well.

And a side of fries, too!

Thanks for all this work.

Those things would be awesome and very much appreciated!

Basically, these are created with Gimp using the following steps:

1. Each glyph uses the nusaliver font, white color and 160px of height
  2. Add a black 5px outline
  3. Add drop shadow (0 offset, blur radius 15px, color gold, 80% opacity)

Sure you can easily do such steps with any other tool, too. Feel free to tweak the settings to fit.

Oh ye of way too much faith… :grinning:

The main thing is: I love your style with these, and totally appreciate you sharing.

No one should ever feel obligated or pressured to do more or share more just because some random internet yoohoo says he could use more! :grinning:

I’ve got 'em, but you’ve got to cut 'em. (I’m to lazy to split them into separate files ^^)

Link to the full PNG: https://imgur.com/a/CvORBIL

Very interesting mix of actual 3D terrain and VTT tokens, nice work!

You the man! Thank you, Thank you. I have a feeling this is going to be very useful!

Are my services still needed or do you have everything you need?

I mean, I’d never say no to extra awesome stuff from the great and powerful @Khan. But I think my lord and benefactor @glocke has dropped the missing loot I needed to have a complete set.

Thank you for the offer though for sure.

You are most certainly welcome even though I haven’t done anything yet.

I’ll fill in the blanks then, I have some time today.

It’s done.

Unfortunately I had to redo all of the letters to get a consistent result.

All letters are separate images so you can easily drag&drop them. I added a couple of symbols like I said I was going to do.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iAkYFJBGoX_X95DL7xUSz2tawB8maD2W/view?usp=sharing

Actually I think I misunderstood you LOL! Oh well. More stuff is better, right?

@glocke
Thanks for the great idea dude!

This is wonderful. You guys are the best.