WW2 Back in Time and Mapless Maze

I started playing a WW2 game at work and after a few weeks of battling Germans and blowing up bridges etc. I wanted to move them into an epic fantasy world. They found information with coordinates deep behind enemy lines. They stumble upon a ceremony and are picked up and thrown back in time to a fantasy land. Here are some pictures. The last session after escaping from the dungeon prison the players rolled the Mapless Maze. It was cool.

I also threw in a picture of my DM side of the table.

Enjoy! DmChef

HELL YES!!!
I love the plastic army men for minis, so great, dude.
Take a Hero Coin. :herocoin:

OMG Superb concept paired with super crafting!!11! Nice base “plates” and awesome scatter terrain.
I don’t know what else to say… :crazy_face:
:herocoin: :herocoin::herocoin:

hmmm…a time traveling Necromancer Lands in Europe,

During WW2

Stolen heavily from Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan, Hellboy, Raiders, Lord of the Rings, Willow, Excalibur etc…

I went into this last session with zero notes. I :herocoin: ICRPG.

I got a bucket of really great army men on Amazon. American, German, Europe and Asia. Seriously really dope molds. Plastic Tanks and barbed wire from Dollar Tree.

That is a great idea and tabletop. What is the giant in your fourth picture?

He is a Primal that will appear from time to time.

@DMChef what is the sheet on the corner of the table in the 3rd pics ?

That is a custom DM sheet I made. I have never posted it because it has some Core2 info on it. I only post stuff that you can find on the free Quick Start Guide.

Looks like a blast! Would most def play that

Man I would love to see that sheet. Or get a copy.
But understand why it was never posted.

I will see what I can do.keep an eye out.

How did you handle ammo? Did it slowly deplete as they went? I’m running a Ghost Mountain campaign now and once we have our fun with that I think they will find themselves in a chamber with an open portal ( to Iridrum) and a crashed but functional spaceship (warpshell). If they choose to go through the portal as the world falls apart I think I will allow them to keep their weapons and such but not be able to get more ammo unless they find a reallly good tinkerer to make more, which may lead to some in game arms race situations.

@Looten That’s a great question. During the game in general I didn’t care to track the ammo. I just assumed that they are armed and if they are still alive they can shoot. Unless on a timer dice roll a gun jams or explodes or something. Also I should mention that at times in the game a player may come across a massive weapon that is super deadly, I would limit the amount that they can use it. That is the DM’s call.

Now to answer your question. When my players went back in time I had them do a dice roll to determine how many rounds they had left for what ever weapon they carried. Then they kept very careful account of the shots they took. It was awesome to see them covet the bullets. Good game stuff there!

I hope that answers your question.

It does, thank you! That sounds like a good way to handle it. Are they permanently there or is it a short excursion?

This look like a truly awesome game! I may throw this into my inspiration list for workplace game, got a lot of WW2 buffs around there that have put there put their necks out asking about this whole roleplaying thing.