Work in Progress: Dark Sun/Crifoth map assets

inspiration

I’m two sessions deep into Crifoth/ICRPG campaign, and my asset library is getting thicker every day. Is there any demand for such pack? Can share it after the campaign is finished :slight_smile: .

I’ve just started working on putting together a similar campaign. Would love to see what you’ve come up with. Thanks!

For now, I can give you a helping hand with mods and rules that i’ve put in campaign:

• Travel and surival: Rules from “Blood and Snow”. You need to tweak the tables a little bit to give’em that wasteland flavour.
  • Item depletion: at first i wanted to implement “usage die” from Black Hack (you might consider that) but finally i decided to go into points system to be consistent with “Blood and Snow” supplies count. Poor quality items can broke at use, normal quality items got 4 points, good quality items 6, magic items 8. Being in fight triggers depletion - after fight i roll D4: 1 - weapon 2 - armor 3,4 - bags, then i choose randomly what item got a hit during a fray. Rolling 1 on ATT also causes item degradation - after rolling 1, you roll D20 again. If it’s 1 again item is damaged, if not it takes a hit.
  • After shaking up from dying state character takes a permanent wound (brain dmg, cut-off fingers/hands, nasty scars). and -1 to relative STAT. If it’s curable - it’s up to you (in my campaign it is, but it takes a lot of effort).
  • Bonds - It’s Dungeon World rule. In such a harsh setting, friends are greatest asset. Instead of XP as it stands in DW i reward’em with HERO COIN at the start of the next session.
  • Every Crifoth table you need, you can translate to ICRPG with ease.

That’s all i can rember from the top of my head. I hope that helps :slight_smile:

We got 90% of all that we need to run Crifoth in “Blood and Snow” IMO :). Just a cosmetic tweaks here and there.

Not sure how but I totally neglected looking at Blood & Snow. But, you’re right, extremely similar settings. A wasteland is a wasteland.

Are you messing with the Blood and Grit points, or sticking with ICRPG Hearts?

oh helll yeah!! I needs.
I have lots of bits too if you want them…crazy stuff I made for the flying pyramid game i ran…

Keeping HEARTS gives you a good feel of being fragile, didn’t mess with that mechanic :slight_smile:

Me wants! Merging our libraries to create ultimate Crifoth experience would be epic! Mine needs some filling, that’s why i didn’t share it yet. But it’s a matter of few days/week.

That was my conclusion, too. Though characters will start at 2 Hearts to account for their hardiness as survivors. Definitely running Exhaustion, too.

Since dealing with Archfiends and Demons, also bringing Souls into play from Ghost Mountain.