What happened to the AC&C thread?

Uh oh, seems @DSMyers thread has vanished into the ether :scream:

He asked me to pull it.

Thatā€™s what she said

Iā€™ll be honest, I asked Alex to pull it. I wrote AC&C towards the beginning of the pandemic and released it in the middle of it. By the time the shutdown here was over I had lost my business of 4 years (a tattoo shop in Branson MO), I had lost my job, I went through a bankruptcy to get things situated financiallyā€¦ and to top it off some ( a very, very few) ICRPG people were kinda pissy about anything remotely OSR sounding or looking. So i took a break.
And then with a possible 3e on the horizon i waited to see what was going to happen before i pulled the trigger on a new and improved version of ac&c. . .
Which will be out soonā€¦ and free.

Hey man, hate to hear about all the stress and woe. This year has been hard all over for a lot of people. Wanted you to know Iā€™m sending some metta your way, and I really appreciate the AC&C stuff youā€™ve shared with the shield wall.

Hang in there, and my inbox is open if you need somebody to vent to.

Peace,

Lon

Much appreciated Lon, Iā€™m doing a lot better. Just needed a breather.

Iā€™m not a fan of the OSR ā€œlabel,ā€ and I find that community, in general, to be a little toxic. But I am all in for anyone making any kind of expansion or ruleset. Keep on being creative.

Glad to hear things are shaping up. I hope the steady rise keeps happening.

i am the same with the label, so i usually just say ā€˜classic fantasy adventure gameā€™ etc. There are a few spots of good communities within the osr but they are small, castles & crusades, the basic fantasy rpg guys etc.

Hahaha. Yep. Perfect.

I love AC&C. Iā€™m looking forward to the new edition. Thanks for all your hard work on it!

Glad to have ya back in here at least. My dm is always open for you.

@Kingroy23

I agree with the osr label so much, some people just like to moan for the sake of it. Mentioning osr in a post is almost as risky as putting an opinion on a pbta postā€¦ Some really volatile and uppity folks in pbta land who like writing paragraphs about why they are right. So much so Iā€™m never doing it again. Lol.

Respect for all the work you do and give to us all. :+1:t2:

Sorry to read that, man. I hope youā€™ll find a new job soon.

I found a job pretty quickly but itā€™s an adjustment from being an owner to an employee for sure.

You have two accounts here? :scream_cat: Like me?

My old account I lost when I deleted my Patreon