What does everyone’s dice collections look like?

inspiration

I’m sure they’re as wild and varied as the members of this forum!

I have some fuzzy dice that hang from my rear view mirror.

I’m a long time Gamescience dice guy myself. And I buy them unpainted as I still enjoy using a white and/or black crayon to fill in the numbers. I’m boring and like the plain opaque solid colors. Favorite is blue.

Wow, I didn’t know any of that existed. Are those made of the old-school plastic from the ‘70s?

It’s just my subjective observation, but I’ve compared more recent Gamescience dice to a partial set I still have from the 80’s (1984 I believe) and the plastic feel seems very similar. They’re definitely still made with a precision edge.

They make an “Ugly Dice” set that reminds me of the early D&D dice colors.

I love the look of their dice.

I have my DM collection for black and golds with three frosty blue d20 for forstgrave… and then a crown royal bag full on smaller black bags with all colored dice for players old n new

Here’s mine. Nothing special. My most recent acquisition were the three jumbo D4s for timers

This is what I have out on the coffee table, there’s a few more handfuls at my computer desk for online games.

Funny you should ask; just bought a new bag. There is also one new black dice set not pictured below.

What can I say… I love dice.

Absolutely. Polyhedral dice are just beautiful at such a primal level.

Very well organized. I think I might invest in a an organizer like that. Currently I just have everything mixed together in a dice bag. Like the sand timers too! Nice addition.

I’ve seen large d20’s, but where did you find those large d4’s?

Really like the Hex Chest Dice Box from Elderwood Academy! I’ve been meaning to buy one of those.

That’s a ginormous dice bag, man! :smile:

I found those in an amazing comic book shop in Ann Arbor, MI. I’m sure you can find some online if you search “jumbo D4” or something like that. :grinning:

Here is my giant tub of dice… about 400 sets, give or take a few for the ones I hand out as gifts. I got a little zealous on trying to open an online store, but haven’t found the time to finish the actual website. This also does not include my personal dice I use during gameplay since I left them in my car. A good DM should be ready to roll dice wherever they go lol.

Holy Schnikes!!!
That’s a lot of dice!!! Let us know when you get your website up and running and maybe we can help take some of those off your hands. :slight_smile:

That right there is a hoard of dice.

Regarding starting a website, you should inquire with @Nickster, who made this very forum. The guy is a genius. I’ve seen some of his other stuff and he’s the real deal.

Here’s what I’ve found:

Still would like to find some with the numbers on top (in the corners) instead of the bottom.

Edit: there’s these, although a tad smaller:

You could also find a free D4 3D mode on Thingaverse and then have someone print it and send it to you. If you go that route you’d probably want to order half a dozen of them to justify shipping, as the print itself would be dirt cheap.

I’v got a very small collection for a DM:

A lot of D6, because I’m playing a DnD Trickster and there’s no such fun as rolling 20D6 for a surprise attack…
The big red D20 flashes, when a 20 is rolled. Unneccessary item, I know. But I just couldn’t resist…
Below the Big Red is my weather combo for Wind, Rain etc. The D30 is for rolling days in a month.
And the 4D3 left to the weather combo are for rolling movement speed in Midgard (german RPG system).

But when I play, I prefer playing dwarfs. And a dwarf needs his own dice set:

The dices are made of solid bronce. Nothing more to say.