Westocalypse is dead, long live Mutation

Hey folks!

The playtest packet for my game is live on Drivethru! Includes basic rules, mutant creation, equipment, a brief world primer and GM section, a starter adventure, and a printer friendly character sheet.

Get your D6’s warmed up! Thanks for checking it out.
:pray::blush:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/372551/Westocalypse-RPG?manufacturers_id=17332

:metal::shield: Yeah! Downloaded!

Going to jump on YouTube tomorrow (Wednesday at 10:30am Pacific) to talk a about the Westocalypse Role-Playing Game and make a character. Character creation goes pretty quick so maybe I’ll do a little solo scenario to show how the system works too.

Grab a copy of Westocalypse from DrivethruRPG (link in main post) and follow along! Hope to see you there!

is there a link to your YouTube video?

I’ve been grinding away the last couple weeks on the soon to release Free Quick Start Rules. The original playtest pdf is no longer available and the name of the game isn’t the only thing that’s changed. :sunglasses:

Westocalypse is dead, long live Mutation. Feeling really good about it.

Whoa! This is awesome, congrats on moving forward with this project, I’m really curious to see how it turns out!

The biggest changes are: dropping from 6 down to 4 stats, and merging two spendable resources into one. Otherwise it’s pretty much the same as the initial release in 2021, hehe. A bit of clean up and clarification, and a bunch of notes from the Twitch stream playtest group to address. :+1:

Streamlining is a very good thing, a sign that the mechanics are sturdy and functional without unnecessary clutter.

Gear section is almost finalized! Feels like I’m missing some Town services…

Need about 10 more Basic Gear…

And two small Loot Tables till done!

I’m open to suggestions, lol. Brain getting mushy from all the rest of it. :sweat_smile:

Wealthy loot… pull some of your most expensive items… or like a 30 day train pass as an example… or 2 days tracking… buisness cards found in a wallet haha…

Here are some ideas to fill the tables :smiley: Super excited to see this hit the wild @JDStirling!

TOWN SERVICES

• Change of Clothes/New Outfit so you can look sharp or disguise yourself
  • Speciality Ammo Supplier to invent one-off ammunition
  • Safety Deposit Box to store and protect valuables
  • Fortune Teller to guide your choices

BASIC GEAR

• Deck of Cards
  • Bicycle
  • Hose/Rubber Tubing
  • Can of Grease

WEALTHY LOOT

• Golden Pocket Watch
  • Geiger Counter
  • Detailed Map of the Area
  • Handgun
  • A pair of Train Tickets

Town services:

• Helicopter / Plane station: faster & safer travel for a price
  • gun smithy: upgrade your boom sticks
  • Herbalist / apocathery / tonic dealer: “potions” of the wastes.

Basic Gear:

• fire suit: heavily resistant to fire and explosions
  • Good boots: helps with movement checks
  • umbrella: protect against the sun or the (acid) rain
  • camo suit/ ghillie cloak - blend in to natural environments
  • hidden holster: carry a pistol without notice

Wealthy Loot:

• intricate puzzle box/toy
  • wad of Ca$h
  • bulletproof tuxedo
  • Sigil of a secret society (something like the masons?)
  • Deed to some land or a bank note.

Scavenge in town

• a child’s homemade toy
  • a bicycle with a broken chain
  • scrap wood tossed out during construction, nails still in it.
  • spent batteries - now mostly a pile of acid

TOWN SERVICES: The old library is no longer free. Bribe the inhabitant to find almost forgotten info

small radio
pack of cigarettes
field dress kit

Thanks everyone! Great ideas and inspiration! Got everything filled! :raised_hands::heart:

Hero Coins all around!

This looks incredible!

Thanks! Shame you missed the playtest pdf, could’ve seen more of it! I had it listed on DrivethruRPG since 2021 but just pulled it 2 weeks ago as I’m getting ready to release it as the Free Quick Start. Exciting times, man. :open_hands::heart:

I should have jumped into the forum and discord years ago, missed so much! I was a youtube lurker since the beginning on Drunkens and dragons and only jumped in last year. SO much going on in this community worthy of the game table.

Work in progress…

Looking like the Quick Start will be ready for rerelease by next week! Then on to finishing the complete core rulebook. For now, here’s the character sheet I’m tinkering with.