Warp Shell Timeline

question

Hello there, Shield people!
I was wondering if we had some timeline for Warp Shell or if I should make one, I seem to be quite confused as to what is happening in the official setting! :laughing:
Thanks for the help!

no one knows the timelineā€¦ make it up from whatā€™s written and make your own.

Game On

Haha, I donā€™t disagree with that. Itā€™s just that, seeing how the story seems to progress based on the games going on on YouTube and into Hankā€™s head, I was wondering how to grasp the new information given to us in the QuickStart book now available with the CORE book (and I love the short comics, by the way! :wink:)

So, what I might do, if I have the time, is to compile all the information in CORE, QuickStart andā€¦ any other idea where I can see information on Warp Shell in other books? And just make a nice little presentation primer. Maybe Iā€™ll use Excel again? :thinking:

Thereā€™s a lot of stuff about warpshell in Worlds.

Lol!!! Time lineā€¦ with time defying ships forms and paradox inducing entities that donā€™t comunĆ­cate with language or thoughtā€¦no abstractions but only comunĆ­cate with actions. They comunĆ­cate like the weather.

The only timeline is the timeline at the table and the story created there. All those looking in from the outside in ā€œnormal timeā€ collect nothing but the snippets of their current timeline and no nothing of the actions taken altering time lines to get the current timeline to where it is.

Short answer: we canā€™t comprehend the timeline.

Long answer: Imagine where the US civil war was was never fought, The Confederacy spans from Washinton DC to Buenos Aires. The US is 47 states, including The country now known as Canada, after the Canadian Purchase.

The ramifications would be huge.

The Bores War, was WWI. Engulfing 6 continents,ā€¦the Japanese Empire would control most of the east coast of Asia. From Neshkan, Russia to Chittagong, Bangladesh. With the exception of Vietnam, Hong Kong, and a few other Colonies.

The British and its allies trying to end slavery, the Germans trying to forge a new empire, the Confederacy expanding on the slave tradeā€¦to all who are debtors are slaves. Portugal being a Confederate Stateā€¦

Spain trying desperately to keep their Colonies, while loosing a civil war, created by other empires assisting the forces in Spain as proxy forces and other empires gobble the colonies of Spain one by one.

France trying to not get gobbled up by Germany.

The world we live in today would look nothing like it does today, colonialism and empire building would still be the norm. The Middle East would be colonies of different world powers, in constant brush ups.

The US would be a Switzerland type country that never expanded west of California and Alaska.

Hawaii is part of the Confederacy. As are most islands in the Pacific until you reach Japanese or British control.

All because a President of an up and coming world power in the midst of the industrial revolution allowed some States to leave the Union after paying financial costs in a reverse purchase agreement.

At my groupā€™s tables, we all co-DMā€™ed Warpshell based on whoever was most pumped to be the GM, with their character sitting out for the session (either by trading turns in the limited number of stasis-sleep pods, heading to the bathroom because it was going to be serious, or catching up on some reading, etc). Because the Last Fight of the Red Sword establishes the Time Fold, we decided that events were non-linear. In one session I played, I had my character send an email into to the past to get a promotion to Imperium Fleet Commander to be able to deal with another shipā€™s captain being unhelpful. In a session I GMā€™ed, I introduced a character called the Dr. Kennedy who was using his Time Belt to sporadically jump forward in time for an uncontrolled amount to see if the Dark Star Mining Facility was still overrun by Yog-Eaters, and that he had been missing for 500 years.

My advice: go gonzo! Make it like an episode of the Red Dwarf, and have a PC ride a crocodile out of an exploding plane to catch the Nazi that stole his parachute, then go on to save the princess.

A big ball of Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimeyā€¦ Stuff.