Warp Shell Capacity?

Hey! I’m going to be running my first Warp Shell one shot soon, could someone clarify what is meant by Capacity on some of the weapon tags? I’m assuming it’s ammo? If so how is it normal done?

Thanks Guys

“6 capacity power cell” for one of them.
So yes, I assume our Runeman hammer is talking about ammo. :smiley:

Yup, shots. Or fuel, but for the most part, it’s a consumable that gets used up.

Yes, capacity is ammo, or how many shots the weapon can fire before it has to reload. The more important question is how to handle the reload.

Here are a few methods:

1. Simply spend a turn reloading. Instead of taking an action, spend the round reloading instead. The character is back up and ready to fire the round after.

2. Roll a 1d4. The weapon is down that many rounds being reloaded before it can fire again. A player can take actions as normal, and the weapon is back to full capacity at the end of the cooldown.

3. Roll a 1d4, and then the player must spend that many rounds actively reloading the weapon before it is ready to fire again (e.g., burning an action to reload the weapon). Obviously, this method really penalizes players. I’d only use this for a really powerful canon or something.

4. Have the player make a quick dex check to see if he or she can get the magazine seated quickly. On a success, they are back up without even being down a turn. On a failure, have them spend a turn reloading or roll 1d4 as above to see how long it takes to seat the mag.

5. Who cares about ammo or reloading? Don’t even track it unless it’s a super powerful weapon like the chemrail or something.

Hopefully those are helpful. I am sure there are a few other ways the community might suggest to deal with ammo and capacity also - a usage die, etc.

Cheers Alex, that’s a big help :+1:
I didn’t like the idea of counting ammo but obviously there’s a need to limit the more powerful weapons. Using basically the ‘spell burn’ method is my favourite.

Thanks again for all the help
The Runehammer community is the best :raised_hands::shield::brick: