War | Maker - hero and elite reinforcement

Had a question about hero and elite units - it seems weird if we have a hero - and he goes down - it doesn’t seem narratively correct to have him “respawn”.

If a named unit goes down - it feels like he should stay down. Unless there’s a “medi-cleric” unit added - which could cast “reinforce” on a hero or elite unit.

I would like to somehow have war | maker be a plug in to 5e.

What about give the hero a Death Saving Throw mechanic like in 5e, then?
On three successes the hero rise up full HP and can fight again? It would make it worth it!

This doesn’t fix your issue with wanting to do a 5e plug-in. My elite unit consists of 3 different models. Each one has different tags but yes – one life only. When one dies, another one can enter the field. You can do the same for hero units but mine are riders on horses and it doesn’t break my brain as much when one of those dies since thematically it makes more sense – the horse is what makes them more powerful than my foot soldiers. I use the CMON ice and fire game miniatures. The 2nd army is undead. I have 0 problems there – I just say they rise again from the ground or reanimate. The multiple model // different tag fix worked 100% for me and when I pull out war maker to play with others, they dig it too.