Undocumented Life-forms and Types

life-form
character-type

Hi! I’m new here and new to ICRPG. I recently purchased Master Edition and I’ve noticed a few things that made me scratch my head. I hope you can help me out.

Toward the back of the book, in the Alfheim Hero Essentials section, There are references to a few life forms that don’t appear in the players section or in the Worlds section; for example: Small Folk and Hill Folk. Similarly, there are types like Guardian, Archer and Commander that are undocumented.

I also purchased “Heroes of the Hammer” which includes additional undocumented life forms and types.

Are there additional sources for these? Or, are should I assume that these are tings that Hank made up for himself and forgot to write down?

Thanks,
Steve

Hey Steve,

These are references to an earlier edition of the rules, second edition, or as it is known, ICRPG: Core. Those life forms and types/classes can be found there, for the most part.

Heroes of the Hammer is a bit of a DIY toolkit. Those heroes are there to spark your imagination and let you fill in the banks. I think you will find ICRPG, in general, encourages this DIY mindset.

In terms of Master Edition, just do what makes sense to you.

Also, @saking88, here you go:

Thanks Alex,

It makes sense that the Heroes file might not have been updated with Master Edition. But, it is a little disappointing that the Hero Essentials roll tables were not, since they were printed in the same book.

Oh well. I’ll manage.

Thanks again.