Ultimate Effort Show's Ultimate Encounter Throwdown

The Ultimate Effort Show with Alex and Joe is having an encounter design contest! One winner will find themselves the proud owner of a set of Monomakes original dice!

Check out the vodcast and find the contest rules in the video description.

Give us your best shot! :muscle::shield:

Mastering the Master Edition (and some general GM advice asks)

Interesting, very interesting…

I can’t wait for the gems that will come out of this one!

Great! I can’t wait to submit my room design.

I worked on my room design while at a training today.
What will happen with all of the room designs once you have reviewed them?
Also, are multiple submissions permitted?

The rooms will be featured on an episode and eventually posted here if folks agree after submission. I’ll be reaching out to entrants individually in this regard.

Only one submission per person. You have one room to impress Joe and me. Make it wicked fun!

May all your dice roll high!

I think I have an idea… and I might tie it to what I am working on for the Great Gerblins pocket jam…

Is there a page/word limit?

No sir. No page or word limit, but you might want to make sure you submit a PDF small enough to email.

You could just submit a phone pic from your journal scribbling, if it’s a cool encounter. Remember, it’s the encounter that matters, not the graphic design (though, we are fine if you go all out there too)!

Sounds good! I have an idea that might require two pages is all.

Looking forward to what people come up with!

Are you ok with screen-shots as example images to supplement the submissions?

Absolutely. Rock on!

My submission is in! Woot!

It’s very reassuring to see the buzz around this competition!

If it continues, I might add runners up prizes! :slight_smile:

More submissions please! :sunglasses:

When do we find out the winner?

All of the entries closed yesterday. There were 28 total entries!

Joe and I reviewed 14 today, and we will go through 14 tomorrow. Tentatively, we intend to announce the winner two weeks from now on December 18. That being said, with filming and edits, we might have to push and announce on December 25!

In any event, be patient with us. All of the entries are outstanding, and we want to be able to showcase each one in the best way!!!

Good evening, dungeon masters. Joe and I have now reviewed (and recorded footage) for all 28 entries. We now have initial impressions for every submission we received. Once again, I have to stress that the ultimate selections will come down to the weight of a feather … very close calls among equally outstanding entries. As a special bonus, not only have we reviewed every encounter, we are now also endeavoring to play a few minutes of EVERY submission. This last step is a bit more time consuming, but we are committed not only to evaluating the written design but also EXPERIENCING each one. Stay tuned! More to come soon.

Whoa! You’re gonna play through all of these?!? I admire your dedication to this project!

We’re going to give it a shot. Cross your eyes, fingers, and toes …

That’s so cool! Can’t wait to see everyone’s entries! It was a really different experience trying to get an idea into a form that someone else could read and run. Definitely showed me how hard it is to communicate this stuff clearly :laughing: