Three M's

I was thinking about the TTT method the other day, and I thought it might be nice to have a similar system that’s player-facing. Players need to know how to make engaging and compelling characters, that’s like their one job, so I tried to think of three (alliterative) ideals that characters that tie together I’ve seen succeed before. Here’s the result of that thinking: the Triple M system. Let me know what you think, I’m excited to hear your thoughts. Agree? Disagree? Want to elaborate?

I like it. Especially the motivation and mannerism axes

I really like this. It reminds me of the DETAILS post I made a while back, only simpler. I love the mileage (haha) you get out of these three words. I’m especially mystified by Mystery - I haven’t seen that concept before in PC creation, and I can see a lot of fun coming from that. Well done! I might have my players use this…

Great! I’d chuck in a few complete examples (as a player I find that super helpful when doing this stuff)

Gotcha gotcha! I provided some examples of each, but I could definitely include an example where I take a mechanically-complete character and apply this method. Thanks for giving it a read!

Yea, a few sets of three Ms :slight_smile: