Think deck interpretation

think-deck

I’m new to using think deck and absolutely loving the creative freedom. There are some draws which leave me a little stuck mostly involving hearts. I can always just dump the draw and draw again if I get stuck but I was wondering what some of your interpretations of this draw could be.

The question is “what is in the chest”

Queen of diamonds
Ace of diamonds
Jack of hearts

It seem to me with the Jack and the timer that this could be a trapped chest with some kind of triggered timer. I’m not sure what to make of a diamond queen in relation to a chest. Maybe the contents of the chest?

what are the card meanings again, can’t remember what king, queen and Jack is :sweat_smile:

Superior foe and so on

As for the suits
Spades is death and poison
Diamond is elite
Clubs is the simple and brute
heart is passion (not just love, can be anger)

plugging myself a little :wink:
you may like this interpretation for the think deck

I’ll definitely use some of this in my draws. Thank you. I think the bit I’m struggling with is the interpretation of roleplay foe ( queen) and passion (hearts) when the question does not lend itself to these things such as “what’s in the chest?”. I probably just need to stretch my imagination a bit, it could be the contents of the chest hint at those thing. Maybe they contain a correspondence between two NPC hinting at their passions etc. Just wondered how others handled this.

Roleplay foe and passion/Anger :thinking:

If you are already thinking of trap then I would see the Queen of hearts as the effect, some sweet smelling vapour that is released, clouding the mind of one or all (perhaps a check to withstand), the poor soul that is effected will see a Jessica Rabbit that will seduce him to obey her will, force the player to make wrong decisions.

If you really want to make this a little more fun, hand the player a secret message and let him roleplay the situation.

Perhaps take the situation out of your hand and let players keep doing checks with the effected player so he will do what the group wants…
Ok now I am just brainstorming the idea, I think I will use that one :rofl:

But I hope you get what I mean.

Let the torrent flow, sometimes the card can be exactly what it says.
And we all know, Jessica Rabbit is a true Queen of our hearts

That’s a great interpretation. Exactly the kind of thing I was looking for but not coming to. Thank you.