The Luminous - new life form

life-form

The Luminous

Wisdom +2

Charisma -2

Though they once resembled elves, the Luminous have become something more by acting as living conductors of the positive energy plane. In appearance, the Luminous posses the basic figure of a humanoid, but they have translucent skin that serves as a seal to contain and shape the positive energies that make up their anatomy and form. They have no hair and their bodies lack the detail that those of normal races possess. Their bodies feature just enough defining characteristics to distinguish between male and female. The luminous do not need to eat or sleep and their average life span is 300 years.

Racial abilities

Purifying light: Each day, a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier, you can channel your energies to grant a victim stricken by poison, addition saving roll (if the first failed). You also give the victim a +2 sacred bonus on the second save against poison.

Unyieding Aura: Once per day, you can manifest the forces of the positive energy plane to create up to a 20ft radius aura that grants all of your allies in the area of effect a +1 bonus to all rolls. However, you must take 1hp of damage for each round you manifest the aura.

Poison immunity

+4 save roll vs Necromantic magic

As beings of positive energy, the Luminous receives a +2 bonus to all rolls when facing anything Undead.

Reference source

Legends and Lairs: Mythic Races; A Character Race Compendium (67-72pg)

The lifespan is too long; it is immediately banned from my table! :laughing:

But it does look like the start of a Great Race! My suggestion would be to add a few renowned members of this race into the description and/or important events in their history. Perhaps a section for culture and religion? Doesn’t need a big description, mostly bullet points! What do you think?

It’s a very D&D take, isn’t it? A lot of broken bonuses (+2/+1/+4/+2s spread all around), negative STAT, a lot of abilities…

But it’s a good starting point for something ICRPG, for sure.

I’d sim it down to +2 STAT bonuses, or +1 and an ability, something like that. More… fast food, in a sense. Pick up and go.

This is condensed from a book - Legends and Lairs: Mythic Races; A Character Race Compendium (67-72pg)

It’s condensed but not adapted to ICRPG, right?

I ask because the writing is so far from ICRPG style…

I would not have posted it if it wasn’t adapted to ICRPG.

Isn’t that the book from DM Lair? :grin:

Sorry, I’m not familiar with DM Lair

No problem then!

A couple of suggestions, do with them as you wish; instead of variable modifiers, use EASY/HARD like in ICRPG. It makes everything easier! And instead of somewhat precise distances, like 20 ft., use CLOSE/NEAR/FAR like in ICRPG again! Those tricks will help you design things faster! :blush:

God speid! o7

Ooookay then.

I’m with @BlazingPolyhedron here, and that is the main reason I asked this; these broken number bonuses and distances do not feel ICRPG to me for the reasons Blazing suggested, not only for quickness of design but also for ease of use within the ICRPG-sphere.

(that, I mean, on top of the negative stats, racial abilities with per day counts, immunities, and circumstantial bonuses, none of which figure in ICRPG lifeforms - barring the Ghost Armor’s ability in ME’s Warp Shell.)