Tableplop, a nice indie alternative to Roll20

vtt
resource

Hey hey lumpy heads!!! I’ve just found this indie VTT and thought it was a super awesome alternative to Roll20. In fact, it just solved 99% of my current dilemas on my preparation for a West Marches style campaign. The UI is clean and modern, the page works fast and it is easy to use, supports custom character sheets (which I desperately needed) and on top of it all, it works wonders on cell phones and mobile devices! Although it is (and will remain) fully free, the creator maintains it via Patreon and I thought it would be cool to invite the shield wall to check it out and show it some love :heart:

One fun little thing I noticed is that the dev(s) made the documentation for Tableplop in Notion! That’s it, our best journal/notation app is powering the developement of this cool little VTT, which I find super cool haha

Cheers!

Try Standard Action, too! :smiley:

I like it… its smooth… works well… not too integrated into a rpg system… colors and mapping for the GM includes fog of war that is easy to use… hmmm I may play with it… and its free!! …

Here he uses it with 2MinuteTabletop to make a how to video… https://youtu.be/K9gTjtCoe4o

nice find @Nimlouth !!!

Owlbear Rodeo is a nice one as well… simpler and not as polished as Tableplop, but it does the job as well…

I wonder if the developer could collaborate with @Runehammer to work on the RHVTT?!?!?!

I knew standard action too! I just didn’t used it because the UI is basically just like roll20. Still, even SA is better than R20 imho haha

Yeah I used Owlbear Rodeo to play with my lil’ sisters using the kitchen tv a couple of times, it fills that “quick vtt” niche reaaaally well.

I’ve just finished putting toghether an ICRPG character sheet in spanish for tableplop based on my hack, so I guess I’ll make an ICRPG Core and share it around here for other shield siblings to use haha.

Wait… Wait a sec… is there a Runehammer VTT in the works??? omggggggg yas! The developer seems super approachable (I just chatted directly with him through the tableplop discord i.e), so I guess we could propose him to make some ICRPG integration goodness. Omg I’m already hyping and fanboying xD

Edit: necessary meme lol

RE: fanboy hype… You and me both!!! There are many shields in this community. We could really give his VTT support, feedback, and the love!!!

As for TP support ICRPG… that would be awesome! … I would like to see all of the world primers [Alfheim, warp shell, ghost mountain, altered state, vigilante city, and xdz] supported by Tableplop. <cross my fingers.

I would love a tableplop ICRPG character sheet in English, if you make one. Thanks.