Swapping player bodies, Session playthrough

playthrough
inspiration

The seasoned charact

Hey everyone,

Last nights session of ICRPG was a fun one. The PCs have been fighting their way through the corrupt swamplands to the source of the problem in an underground cavern.

Once inside, they ride their boats to a small island where short figures have their backs turned to the shore. The monk goes in full stealth and ambushes one of the small men to discover its a wooden statue of a dwarf. “What trickery is this?”

In the rear of the island a great demon is halfway bound to a great tree spiting malice to a circle of druids performing some kind of ritual.

As the party makes their presence known they learn the demon’s seal from decades of ago has grown weak and the demon has been corrupting the marshes with what little is seeping from the cracks of his prison.

The druids reveal that the dwarven warlocks were attempting to break the seal completely and free the demon to gain its favor. The druids bested them and turned the dwarves into trees.

After some back and forth with the druids the PCs learn something is amiss with these druids, and that the ritual is to free the demon not to further imprison it!

Before the first blow can be landed, the demon snaps his fingers (Thanos style) and all the players are then instructed to hand their character sheets to the player to their right having swapped bodies.

And the fun that soon followed. Everyone got a kick in being in the bodies of their allies most have completely changed genders.

The monk is a cursed werewolf who has to keep a very level head to refrain from transforming, but the new player had no such experience and discipline thus the beast was free.

The necromancer’s undead minions severed their connection to their master and turned feral onto the party.

Was an epic night that had a very AVENGERS ASSEMBLE ending where the sorcery channeled the flux of mana spewing for the circle of trees binding the demon into the paladin’s holy weapon. Another used an artifact that causes time and space to repeat an action every player turn targeting the channeling of mana into the holy weapon to swell into a Goku level of power up to destroy the demon in one mighty blow. (did over 10 hearts worth of damage holy cow!)

The session ends and the players must now seek a way to be placed back in their correct bodies.

There is a whole load of cool stuff there to digest.

Tell me about that Lego crab?

lol oh thats my carrion crab, I made a post about it Here.

My necromancer player ended up zombifying it and now its the party’s wagon/boat. Fun times.

Wow! That sounds like an amazing session! Lots of cool twists there.

Lol that is a great setup for a body swapping adventure. I might steal this.

Also, great crafting.