Strength and Dex powers?

How would you go about creating Dex or Str-based powers (rather than wisdom) ?

I’m thinking about things that are learned just like wisdom powers, and can’t be traded or lost once learned.
Maybe they are tricks, feats or maneuvers that can be taught to PCs, only they are physical rather than mystical
( “As a reward for saving the town, I’ll teach you Valerian’s feint” or “You find an ancient martial scroll on polearm fighting” or “after spending 6 months with the monks of the spired mountain, you learn their secret boulder-breaking punch technique” )

Has anyone done that ?
What are the pitfalls of designing these ?

I like the idea of adding special effects to attacks, that gives some extra mechanical pizazz to the melee and ranged martial fighters. I believe this post has a ton of suggestions on things that can be used to help you get that special move feel you’re looking for Spinning Melee Attack Idea.

The general consensus of that article I believe was; you learn a technique from a master, or it is just a function of the weapon (great swords can cleave, a harpoon can entangle, a pollaxe can trip, etc). You call the effect you want to achieve before rolling, and must beat a HARD roll. If you beat it you get the bonus effect as well as the attack damage. If you beat the room target but don’t beat a hard roll you just got the attack off but couldn’t manage your special attack.

They don’t necessarily even have to be a power either, they could be character tags which also similarly can’t be traded or lost, it is just something they learned to do or is innate in them.

I hope this helped, happy gaming fellow lumpy head!

You should check out @Khan’s spells and feats supplement. He developed a great system for physical feats that fit right in with ICRPG.

I like that idea, but I’ve never heard of character tags
Where could I read about those ?

Character tags started in blood and snow I think, it’s been included in every ICRPG release since (I think). Their use is ever evolving though. Altered State preview has heavy use of them. As to a single good explanation of them…don’t recall it being anywhere.

i think you’re right, at least the first place i remember seeing a character tag is in blood n snow. they are great, and i like to use them in all my games now. its kind of just a way to use a tagline like “blood thirsty” or “navigator” or “crusher” which has a lot of thematic flavor and associate a benefit to it, like a special ability. you could use the tag as the title for whatever the power you want them to have and basically it just means they can use that in the agreed upon situations.