Stealth/infiltration encounter?

question

Hey! I was considering leaving an option for some kind of stealthy extraction type of encounter, and I wanted to know if anybody has had any successes with that kind of game.

(My players are going into Injun territory to retrieve a stolen hat and confront a corrupted leader.)

@Unggoy. on the old “icrpg google +” site there was a guy named " Jeremy Grodzicki" he posted the following for stealth options for icrpg.

i hope this helps you out. good luck

I'm very interested but I have few concerns

This is excellent. Has anyone else used this in their game?

dont know. it has been collecting dust on the other site. maybe it will get some use here.

Cool concept. Seems a bit like a more focused version of “clocks” in Blades in the Dark. This could be a lot of fun.

I had an awesome stealth game recently. It was pretty tense. Here are the rules I used

• We played on a grid so I could measure the guard’s movements more precisely. When not alerted, the guards moved two squares at a time.
  • When players could hear the guards coming I would place (not roll) a timer near the corner or door they were coming from.
  • If players moved half speed they did not need to make stealth checks. They could make a stealth check to move full speed quietly.
  • Players could occupy the same space without difficulty (without this they would have been screwed, with players lagging behind just because they couldn’t move up to the door in all my narrow corridors)
  • Facing mattered: if the players were in the guard’s line of sight without being in darkness they were seen immediately, no check.
  • There were several “traps” which were just things they could trip over and make noise, like a mop.
  • They had obtained a key for the place. However, they had to make a stealth check to unlock doors. If they failed the check they could choose to either open the door with a loud CLICK, or stop turning the lock and try again in the next round.

Great resource, I’ll keep it and hopefully use it on my next one-shot. Will let you guys know about the outcome.