Snow Orc?

question

This is kinda funny that this is my first post here, but it’s short and simple. What’s the difference between an orc and a snow orc in Alfheim? Appearance?

I wrote up “snow orcs” in my DnD game a while back. Gave them cold resistance, shaggy body hair, and made them less evil and more neutral.

Yeah that makes sense, thanks for the reply.

Also always remember there is NO NONE NOTHING canon you have to stay true to in aaany way at all. It’s yer own game!

Yeah I get that nothing is canon, but I like the idea of using Hankerin’s stuff as like the history of Alfheim. like Legacy of Mud, his burning in new haven story, and his lore dump in episode 20 of his podcast. Makes the world feel more lived in to me. Anyways, I really appreciate the response!

I believe in the ‘lore’ lots of Orcs were actually enslaved by other folk. That’s where Mud came from. From this you could say that Orcs have been changed by the enslavement and went to have a different way of life. Snow Orcs might be the Orcs that escaped enslavement in the North.

So if you give that tags I would do:
Orcs [Resents humans][Always help eachother]
Snow Orcs [Strong hierarchy][Need to Survive]

With this meaning something like: Humans will always make HARD charisma checks against Orcs, they will aid eachother and leave no one behind.
Snow Orcs fight for leadership of the tribe, but also listen to the leaders. Tracking and Survival checks for Snow Orcs are always easy.

Also, the Elves transfered all that was ugly upon what we now call Orcs according to canon lore.

Thank you, this is a lot of useful information. and yeah that’s my understanding of the orcs origins as well. From reading The Shield of Hannar the impression I got was that the Elves are bad not the orcs in this world, a role reversal. Then again there’s a grey area. Some good orcs, some bad . Some good Elves, some bad etc. Like Horn is a good elf, but Lydea or Aras were bad.

I imagined the snow orcs as being untouched by human interactions. Much like the druids or ancestral pagans in teh dark ages. They are less understood, more alien, more naturalistic. Also pale, fast as hell, and maybe in possession of a strange metal that originates in BLOOD AND SNOW (slag)