SKY OPERA - An ICRPG Setting

Hi all,
In mid-2018 I was writing a PBTA style game under the same name, which underwent a playtest shortly after. Somewhat unsatisfied with my initial product, I went back to the drawing board and started converting some of those assets into ICRPG. I figured I would dump what I have on here. This is a very rough document at this time which I will definitely add more to, but I figured if I waited to put anything online, then I probably never would.

I basically wanted to make a heavy ADVENTURE-centric pirate game set in the clouds. Give it a try if you are at all a fan of…
-Early Final Fantasy
-Skies of Arcadia
-Star Wars
-Crimson Skies
-Studio Ghibli

So go forth! Strap a crystal sky drive onboard your vessel, hire the best crew you can, and set sail for the horizon. Treasure and glory awaits!

Setting-specific loot and Ship CHUNKS coming soon!
Thanks for your time!
-Scott

Setting Guides

Nice!!! Was just thinking about this type of setting the other day and wondered if anyone in the ICRPG community had run something like it.

Oh lawd! So hot! Love it! Inspiring to say the least!

I have sadly not run this setting YET (in ICRPG). Just converted. But I’d love to see that happen!

I can’t wait to read this a little deeper. I recently wrapped up a homebrew spelljammer campaign I ran for about a year and would love to check out someone else’s viewpoint on sky piracy. I’m sure my players would love it to have some more high flying action!

That’s awesome! Reminds me of Final Fantasy and Miyazaki’s Castle in the Sky. Amazing campaign setting. Take a hero coin :herocoin: