Shield Wall is a Bastion of Gaming Goodness

Greetings Lumpyheads, just wanted to give a shout out to Hankerin and all the community. The amount of support and material from @Runehammer and all the shield wall is mindboggling. My group has decades of RPGing under our belts and over the past year I’ve converted them all over to ICRPG. I recently took one of my fave games that I loved the lore but not the rules; and converted over with ideas from Core, Magic, the podcasts, and all the great stuff right here. The ability for DIY and focus on the story is just amazing. So hat’s off to all. The shield wall is a bastion of gaming goodness, keep it up all you creators!

Hear, hear!

This system is so damn versatile and welcoming. A direct reflection of its creator and the community that surrounds.

Welcome to the fold!

ICRPG makes people enthusiastic again about roleplaying and it seems that you are no exception.

Can you tell us which game you loved the role but not the rules?

Sure, not trying to throw shade at the system, but it’s Shadowrun. One of Hank’s podcasts talked about not needing to go to the books all the time for a rule during play and that’s exactly what I always felt like you had to do. It just felt like it was always slowing us down and taking away from the immersion. ICRPG rules helped streamline all the interactions to keep the game moving and loot rules totally fit the idea of always trying to get that state of the art gear.

Thanks for the explanation. Shadowrun does have such a reputation. Any system that is too big to fit into the brain has the same issues. For example, D&D 5E is the simplest and the most streamlined D&D of all time but it is still too complex and fiddly at the table.

Having everything necessary on a single character sheet is liberating.