Sequel adventure to "Beneath the Door"

inspiration

Hello, all.

I was working on an update/expansion of Journey to the Lands of Summer and couldn’t write a single line for that adventure. At the same time I started thinking about the classic “Beneath the Door” adventure (from Core 2E) and came up with this (link below). I’m also thinking about a part 3, set one hundred years after the events of Beneath the Door.

The adventure is far from perfect or complete, so any and all ideas and feedback are welcome.

Sequel adventure to “Beneath the Door”

Now, when I came here to post I first searched for similar posts, so I know some very creative brothers and sisters have already tried their hand at a sequel and this post is by no means an attempt to invalidate that. I’m just sharing more stuff for the community to use.

Notes: If you reference something from the books, please note I don’t have the Master Edition (Modiphius doesn’t ship to my country so I won’t be able to put my hands on a copy for some time), but I have everything else.

There are several places I could reply, but this thread is the most recent. I really appreciate your adventure write-ups and game advice. I am working on getting back to DMing after a 30+ year gap, and a couple recent years playing D&D by post. I found Lasers & Feelings then ICRPG as I tried to figure out a better system. But reading Hank’s and then your adventure set-up have done a lot to close the gaps. Thanks.

Hey, @skuk, thank you for your kind words and welcome back to the shield wall of GMs! I’m sure that getting back after all that time can seem a bit overwhelming, but I truly believe you found a great place to restart in ICRPG and this community.

The GM section of ICRPG is widely recognized as one of the best sources of GM advice and everyone here would be happy to help if you have any questions or if you just want to chat. ICRPG has a very strong DIY component and most of the time we just write ideas and other GMs and Players fill in the gaps.

If you want to check out more ICRPG stuff, here’s some links to stuff I wrote and other community efforts:

• A lot of one-page supplements written for all genres and game styles with original rules, settings, and ideas.
  • My martial arts action supplement/hack, Kumite!
  • My Halls of the Undead hack, with rules for undead as PCs and some setting.
  • My Allies as Loot hack, with rules to have sidekicks, allies, mounts and other support characters work as Loot and not boggle down play so much.
  • My Combat Styles hack, with rules for different medieval-inspired combat styles and a new system for weapons.
  • A soon-to-be-outdated adventure for Blood & Snow, Journey to the Lands of Summer. I’m currently trying to rewrite/expand/improve it.

Hope you find something useful and have fun. See you!

(BTW, the stuff on DTRPG linked above can be downloaded for free, so don’t sweat the suggested costs, just download it and have fun.)

Please steal the 4 classes I attached to my post about this very subject, they are simple but you might enjoy them.

Please see that for more cosmic horror content.