See you Space Cowboy

homebrew
inspiration
question

big%20damn%20heroes
Hey there all you lumpy heads, I had a real fun thought on my way home from work today… If I were to take Warpshell and smash it together with Ghost Mountain, would I get Firefly or Cowboy Bebop? The answer I came up with is both!

So, my question to you fine folks is, Have any of you wonderful and creative people already made any assets to that effect or shall i be the one to dive off into the deep end of space western style craziness?

Both of these series’ were dear to my heart and i feel like its a natural fit to the DIY aesthetic, and minimalist mechanics of ICRPG… Just imagine how fun it could be, we could all be big damn heroes. if anyone else is interested, or has some resources they can point me to i would be forever in your debt. Thanks and… See you Space Cowboy

Sounds amazing to me! Work in a little Trigun as well :grin:

This may end up being my next project after i finish up the undead bandit adventure im working on currently. Nobility of the rope.

I freaking love Trigun. This mashup would be totally dope. Not sure what assets beyond Warpshell and GM would be needed though.

Me too bro! Great little series, always wished there was more.

yeah,the mechanics are pretty well set. mostly what i was asking about was if people had already made assets such as maps, loot, milestones, ships, chunk descriptions, npcs, enemies, missions, encounters, rooms, art, etc. I can run a game off of my background knowledge of lore from the series’ and the ICRPG mechanics, but if i didn’t have to make all that stuff from scratch (though that is my tendency anyhow) it would be cool to see what other folks put together. at least to help me get the wheels turning.

Most likely i will try to go overboard and create a homebrew setting with bits from all of the above mentioned shows lol. i dont like using pre made settings usually. When i did spelljammer i made my own galaxy map so i will probably re-purpose some of that stuff since it is space themed.

I’m glad other people seem to be into this genre the way i am. gonna have to take some time to figure out exactly how i wanna pull this off, but im excited now!

On Drive thru RPG there is a game called “Orbital Blues”. I like ICRPG game mechanics better but the intro adventure looks fantastic! It was made with this very theme! I am mining it for a future game that I am planning. Check it out.

You hit me right in the nerd with this one. This sounds like so much fun!

Learned my best GMing running Firefly games at Cons…some years ago. One concept I used was to give each PC (characters of the show) a special “item”. Mal always took one less damage from being shot if he was in his brown coat. Wash always had some electrical bits in his pocket, Jayne always had a knife on him, Kaylee carries a pocket tool. River was my challenge. Her special was three times per game she could declare something that fit in her hand with her, but grenades only with GM approval. One clever River pick chewing gum she was chewing and run up to gatling gun before it opened fire and ruined it. “Let’s go be bad guys!”