Sea of Rust

warpshell
sci-fi

I have been away from these forums for a good long time, and I’m feeling like it’s finally time to come out of the Bat-Cave.

I’ve been kicking around the Sea of Rust setting ever since Cord, Silence, Rogin, and Guz-Rak crash-landed their Warp Shell here, way back during one of Roll for Effort’s very first adventures. The video can be found here. https://youtu.be/wTuawmX1ETE

The Regulus V, better known by it’s greatest distinguishing terrain feature, the great Sea of Rust, is a junkyard planet, home to the twisted wreckage of half a galaxy. An entire world of dusty, rust-red dunes, towering mountains and spires of detritus, lakes and oceans of spent oil and coolant, and precious few real, natural resources exist here. Indeed, it is only at the planet’s poles that any manner of life is sustainable for any length of time. To the north, the sub-freezing temperatures play havoc with the logic systems of the automated work/excavation mecha. To the south… well, nobody is quite sure why the mecha keep a distance, but they do. In both locations exist this planet’s only populace, tribes of scavengers, raiders, ravagers and cannibals all constantly warring over land and resources.

It is to one of these tribes that the player characters owe their allegiance, and it is for thier tattered banner that they have been dispatched upon a bloody errand. Little does anyone know that this simple action could very well save - or doom - the entire tribe.

I am looking for 3 to 4 players to meet on Roll20 at 9pm Eastern on Saturday, November 2nd to rise to the call of your tribe to pursue a mission of grave importance.

If you are interested, please respond to this post!

Reserved spot for my OG @Alex as always.

Not just yes, but hell yes! I’d love to join in if there’s a space available.

Awesome. Roll me a 1d4 please.

I’m in, and I’ll be bringing Cord.

Sounds awesome! But sadly time zones and such…

Wait, what? Post-crash, Scavenger space-Cord? Are we…are we doing this? Holy shit.

FINALLY!!! I’ve been waiting for this!
@Jason_Scranton YOU RECORD THIS SHIT or at least make it into something that can be shot through my veins!!
Gods damned timezones is the enemy!

Hah its not something that is ready to be recorded.

:syringe::pill::zombie:
Completely understand dude

3!

With a 3, please design a character that is a hardened survivor. He might be a feared soldier or a respected scavenger or smuggler. Not a new arrival. You have either been on Regulus for decades or were born here. Use whatever starting points you find appropriate for such a character.

Oh nice! I see what you’re doing. I won’t be bringing Cord after all.

4 @TheSleeplessDM!!!

With a 4, create a power character. This might be a swift raider who uses scavenged gadgets to great effect in combat. You may be one of the odd Fragments who are canny enough to have kept their power hidden from the Technomancer before his destruction. You May simply be the biggest, toughest son of a bitch on the planet.

I’d be happy to join the gang if there’s still an open spot.

Sweet. Step right up and roll a d4

A magnificent 1.

Roll up and create a character who is either a new arrival or a young one looking to prove his worth, but with enough of a knack or latent skill to be included with this mission. Maybe you’re trying to secure the protection of being a part of a tribe. Maybe you’re the only one around who knows how to repair energy cells. Maybe you’re a fair pilot.

oh man that sounds fun, wish I could join, but too much going on that day :disappointed:

I am a potential interested party if there is a spot available, I may have to chaperone home coming at the school I work at that night (one of the other chaperones is might have to bail and I am a backup). I will try to find the answer for sure asap though.

Hmm. Well I’ve got one more spot to fill.