Sci fi crafting

I feel like I have seen a lot of what YouTube has to offer in this area but I never saw this guy! This vid is crammed with SO many good ideas! On the cheap too! Will be checking out his other stuff.

Also use this thread to addd your own sci-fi themed table crafting. My own is coming soon.

Great video! Thank you for sharing!!!

Here are my “stackers” - I also bought invaders - zombiecide for an x-mas gift to me for the figures. I like them because they have a good mix of guys AND girls for players to choose from.

That part is expensive for sure but I couldn’t think of a better way to get bulk miniatures of good quality.

Nope uh uh, “stacker” you left you the important details sir!

What did you use bases as they interlock?

P.s you stuff looks awesome and that was a great video too.

Dollar tree (have to be in the states) sells a 9 pack of foam pads for kids. You can totally spray paint it. You can cut it too but it is a bit thick for anything other than walls and tiles I think. Then I grabbed packs of knitting “pads” from any craft store - like $2 for a pack - and trim off about 3 rows on each side. Hot glue them to the smooth side of the tile. Hit it with black spray paint. Paint the teeth on one yellow and leave the other black. Dry brush the knitting texture silver - hit with a sponge. Those steps are all on Dm Scottie’s vid for making sci-fi tiles. He just does it as a stamp and it was slow going for me. The last pick is of a larger piece of knitting stuff I plan on slapping onto a larger piece of silly foam - that stuff can come in larger sheets too. Probably an even faster method too. That one is next.

I really love how you interlock the yell9w with the black tiles to give the hazard tape edging. I am going to have to see if we can get these in Australia.

Great build, they look awesome!

The original art on those tiles is deliciously ironic.
Great craftwork!

Still have to do the backs - the color on those are brutal. Doing brown with like a brown orange for a planet surface vibe. Takes like 2 coats to cover up the kid art. Some is letters / others numbers.

It is even more funny when you buy 20 packs of them at the dollar tree and the woman is all, “Uh… what?” And my response is, “when will you have more in stock?”

“I’m trying to do my entire family room floor in these.”

Lol @Alex. I’m opening a gym for babies.

If you find these in Australia let me know :australia:

Thank you for sharing the raw material photos! That really helps me better understand the process. I find that watching YouTube videos leaves me feeling more frustrated by how easy the hosts make it all look. I know it’s from lots of practice, but that doesn’t help my imposter syndrome!

I just got back from PAX Unplugged, where I spent a long time eyeballing Tinker Turf. It’s much more expensive than what you built, and more fragile, too! Thanks!

Y’all might be interested in ArcKnight flat plastic minis, though. They have a cyberpunk + spacefarers combo that I almost bought at PAX.