SAVAGE ISLAND

inspiration

Savage ISLAND

5pm PST Nov. 2 2019

A am taken a lot of liberty from Jurassic World / Park series. You will be a team of explorers/hunters/scientists on an island infested by monsters of all kinds. That was once trying to be an amusement park that the monster took over. (Like the movies) That never should have happened. Your job is to find out the mystery of what went wrong? You will be given operations to complete to help get the island back into control. If you compete them big rewards are coming your way, which includes milestones & loot. But your biggest obstacle is to survive long enough to get them. P.S. Plan a back up PC.

I am going to borrow from all of setting from ICRPG but mostly from Xeno Dead Zone. You can almost be any PC from any setting you want to be from. But the magic is coming from the core book only. If you make a good argument You can be a Superhero from VC. Besides the Core book, XDZ, & VC, we will talk about what other weapons or equipment you can use.

More date might happen if it goes well.

Silly question, why not allow the players have 3 characters each or some such?

Good idea. I just hope they are good enough to not need three lives.

Not 3 lives, but 3 characters, all active at the beginning.

Then you run them through a meat grinder. Till they only have one.

Interesting idea I thought no I like it.

I’d join in but I’m a sucker for timezones… ^^’

Yeah. Time zones sucks, man…

I never understand them and all the tools I find online are even more confusing. ^^’

yea I am mot sure if I understand the problem. but I wish the time zone would put in your local time zone that time the game is. I think that would be the easiest to understand. Like if I said the game is 5pm pst you on the east coast would see it as 8 pm or 10 pm the fallowing day in Brisbane Australia.

For me it says “November 2nd, 1700, (GMT -07:00) Arizona.”

What that means for us lumpy head bastards. On November 2nd, 5 pm in Arizona I will play this game.

(GMT -07:00) means it is 7 hours after GMT for my time zone to match 0:00 GMT is Greenwich Mean Time

Arizona means my time zone.

Sooo, what are we going to be using for VTT board playing and what for sound.

I guess my other questions are, assuming this is modern, setting. What am I using for my character creation?

What’s the tone?
I am guessing modern pulp. Mercs, trackers, technicians, engineers, a scientist or Two?

Seriousness: semi serious, action packed, heroic one-liners, silly side kick humor?

Yes is it is modern times.
You have 8 points to PC creation plus anything you get from race or classes. you can pick any start equipment you want or gear. But note I am using the magic rules from the core book, & it;s magic only. Almost anything else is fare game.
You are Action scientist, big game hunters, Mercs all role up into one.
I do not want to get too much into it before the game but having just that only gun skills with make it harder to get things done.
Seriousness: heroic one-liners
I plan to use theater of the mind for most of it.
I plan to use Discord vice over. And discord dice roles.

Over ten years a go a Mysterious island appeared in the Pacific Ocean. The only few things that is known is this island is very rich in a lot of minerals. A few minerals still unknown are sill being studied from the first few teams that was able to get out. The other things is there are creatures on the island yet unknown to use. It is believed that it is these creatures that is defending he island from us. The last thing about this place is we have no idea how long the island will be around. The UN has been set up to over see the island. Several teams have been sent in, only a few have returned has survived. Of those who have came back they talked about creatures on the island something out of a monster movie. Most have come back with some mental issues. “Dragons do not exist.”

That’s even more confusing… ^^’

Try using YouTube I guess.

Or something else. My family made international calls all my life so I learned about time zones before going to school.

I don’t understand the confusion. What does it say for you?

I’ll look at the video, good idea. Thanks! :smiley:

It’s just confusing because there are two to three ways to call timezones and, as such, timezones each have a different name… and the hours are weeeeird… XP

So the 24 hour clock confuses you…again something I used since childhood so it’s not easy for me to describe.

Midnight is 0:00 noon is 12:00, 1pm is 13:00 9pm is 21:00 11pm is 23:00.

That’s not confusing, I use it at work and all that. XD

It really is just the way everybody has their own way of calling the timezones.

We still on for this?

If I get four people wanting to play then yes it is.