Roll For Effort (and other APs)

Sending this or hoping it’ll reach the Roll For Effort crew (and any other Actual Play channels on YT or Twitch).

I love what you do, the energy is crazy-good and the GMs always drive home the wonder.

I have two requests / points of feedback. Personally I’d love to see more Hours and Days scenes mixed up with the Encounters, to give the PCs a chance to make some different types of choices. And during encounters I’d love to see (or have the GM say) how many Hearts enemies have left. For me that’d add a lot of additional tension to the campaign.

Thanks for posting your games, keep up the good work!

Hey @Smittumi, thanks for the feedback. We’ve done some games with days/hours mixed in, but what you guys are not seeing is that we do a lot of that role playing off camera on our Discord channel. For example, we had a lot happening during the long rest (hours) in our current campaign that didn’t end up on screen (healing, crafting, learning new spells, etc.). In addition, and I can’t speak for the other guys, adding in time passing like that generally isn’t my favorite way to play at the table. Some folks enjoy it, but I’d rather our just take care of town, shopping, crafting, healing, long travel, and resting over chat and then get the game back into discrete spaces. I recognize that not everyone plays this way, though.

As for telling the players how many hearts a creature has left, I’ll have to chew on that piece. It feels a little meta to me, and we generally just like playing together, not necessarily catering to viewer preferences. But, I am always looking for ways to get better at our craft, so perhaps there is a way I can do a better job letting everyone, players included, know how hurt a monster is without necessarily giving up exact HP info.

Thanks again for the feedback, and we appreciate everyone who watches. My hope is that putting the games out there is helpful to folks who enjoy the system as much as we do.