Roll 20 "Cards"

roll20
hero-coin

Don’t know how many know about this, so I thought I would post it. Blew my mind a bit on discovery tonight!

I have just been playing with the Card feature in Roll20. I like physical tokens, objects, cards ect to the extent that I am making the d100 LOOT tables into a personal deck of cards to hand out to players (not sure if i could share it when finished). Anyhoo, I just did a test for hero coins.

You can make a “deck” within roll 20 and then deal the content to players. Here is the HERO COIN test (Need a cool d12 image/coin). I can deal these out to players and then they are there in their “hand” above their name. When they want to cash it in, they just toss it onto the table. Had anyone else discovered this or have any roll20 tips?

Did a big roll 20 set up over the weekend after just purchasing* the game.

I’ve added card decks for all the index cards and you can also create rollable tables for the target icons plus timer icons and I’ve created a end of session rollable table and a death marker rollable table. You can use each of those tables to generate a token on the VTT (like the target number icon) and as those tokens are all “multi sided”, you can switch the token to the side/value you need easily enough.so you can count down timers, or increase/decrease the target and it’s all there for the players to see visually as tokens on the vtt

Cool! I think you can also make a “character sheet” linked to a rollable token that has custom token macro buttons for that token (timers/room targets etc).