RHVTT questions

Okay so I’m goofing with the Runehammer Virtual Tabletop…

sooo… ton of questions incoming…
Where do we save our tokens and other assets? Old Kane seems to have files? The only option I see is right when I make a new scene I can add a picture. Then nothing.
How do I lock a picture at a certain view for the players? Like the pic below how do I make it bigger to fill the screen - clicking on it does nothing
Can I hide assets, where and how?
Am I logged in wrong or something - how do I log in right?
I see the music button for volume - where do you save the music?
Can I free draw on the RHVTT? How do I do that?

My screen looks like this - now all my questions are all likely user error but some pointers would be nice:

…Old?! Old?! I’m only 28 thank you very much. :laughing: :smirk:

Anyway, let me see if I can help answer your questions, but first, I go over a lot of the basic functionality of the RHVTT in the Runehammer VTT Feature Guide here. I’m also updating that as things get released by @glocke.

Where do we save our tokens and other assets?
All the assets and images are stored in a file browser on your computer. When you want to add an image you drag it in from the file browser and drop it in.

How do I lock a picture at a certain view for the players?
There isn’t a view lock to force a view on the scene. All the players can maneuver around on their own, along with zooming in. The view area is 16:9 ratio so if you want to fill the screen, the background image should be a 16:9 image.

Can I hide assets, where and how?
Not in the way you’re thinking. You can hide them by either not dropping them in until you’re ready for them to display or covering them with another image. I’ve seen players use index cards or images of clouds to simulate the fog of war and keep things secret until the reveal.

Am I logged in wrong or something - how do I log in right?
It looks like you’re logged in, correctly. You either log in as a GM (a Runehammer Patreon account is required) or a player.

I see the music button for volume - where do you save the music?
The music player has five slots that you can fill with mp3 files. Just drag in the mp3 files like you would a token and it will fill one of the available slots.

Can I free draw on the RHVTT? How do I do that?
No you can’t. If you have software like photoshop or something, you can consider using the screen capture tool to create and update scenes when you want to draw stuff on the image.

Hope that helps! Give a shout out if you have any other questions :smile:

• Where do we save our tokens and other assets? Old Kane seems to have files? The only option I see is right when I make a new scene I can add a picture. Then nothing.
    Save your tokens and assets in a folder on your PC. Drag them on the screen to create your game maps. SELECT THE HOME BUTTON ON THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN. Next, there should be some arrows at the top of the screen that shows your various games you have made. (see pic below) CLICK ON THE SAVE ICON (DISK) and a zip file will be downloaded for you to save. Next login just drop the zip file onto the new map and it will reconstruct your map.

• How do I lock a picture at a certain view for the players? Like the pic below how do I make it bigger to fill the screen - clicking on it does nothing
    You should be able to use your scroll wheel to zoom in and drag around the map.

• Can I hide assets, where and how?
    You cannot hide assets.

• Am I logged in wrong or something - how do I log in right?
    If you can see the map with tabs on top, you are the GM. You are logged in right.

• I see the music button for volume - where do you save the music?
    You dont save music. You drag and drop an mp3 onto the map.

• Can I free draw on the RHVTT? How do I do that?
    I dont think so

Here is the link to the FAQ for the VTT… RHVTT-FAQ.jpg (1749×2481) (discordapp.com)
Check it out… it answers most common questions…

VTT Game On!