Prepping for Ghost Mountain

All I’m missing is players :slight_smile:

Thanks to @Quirkville for the Timer Bank idea. In case you’re curious about “High Noon,” in my game Heaven takes a more active role in trying to get the YOG crystals for themselves. Just as if the sun sets Ghost Mountain descends into Hell, if it rises back to High Noon Ghost Mountain ascends into Heaven. Of course, Heaven has its own ambiguous agenda with the YOG…

Dude! I love the idea of High Noon! Giving the characters a road to redemption is a great carrot to put on a stick. Though, the ramifications of heaven getting their hands on all of that YOG is super interesting. I think I’m gonna encorporate this idea when I start up my ghost mountain campaign.

Thanks! Yeah, I have always been fascinated with ambiguous morality surrounding both Heaven and Hell. I love how Heaven and angels are portrayed in Diablo. Good things about Hell. Bad things about Heaven. Pick your side. :smiling_imp::innocent:

What a great idea! Glad the timer “bank” idea was a help and having a board with target number designation and the sliding scale of Sunset and High Noon is wicked cool. Love it! I’m going to use that…

Here’s an idea. I removed all the face cards from a deck and put them in plastic sleeves. I’ll use these as souls, and write the names of the deceased on them in wet-erase marker.

For the rest of the cards, I will hand these out instead of Hero Coins. Just one off the top. Players may play the cards anytime to add the card’s value to a 1d20 or effort roll. Aces count as 11.

That sounds great :smiley: Good ideas right here!

Lots of great ideas here, I’m really digging the souls on the face cards that’s like dripping with flavor and makes the four 10s in the deck more special since the face cards are removed.

:herocoin:

Last night saw a moment that I dream of as a GM, and I didn’t even plan it out. I’ve followed the monster sets Hank suggested for Dyre’s gang. The mooks are tactless gunfighters on their own, but paired with a Smoke lieutenant giving sensible orders, they turn into a battery of focused fire.

So this same Smoke fellow had harassed the PCs for three deadly encounters before they arrived at Buckskin. He kept escaping on the wind. Somewhere along the lines my players figured this fellow was a BIG BAD. So finally in Buckskin, through some smart use of Treats and sheer luck, the Gambler managed to dramatically take out this Smoke in a single point blank shot right in the center of town, surrounded by twenty gangster mooks. The players took advantage of the situation and tried to intimidate the rest, claiming their leader was dead.

Silence… then one gangster started to chuckle, then another, and before long the whole lot of them were guffawing their lungs out. Finally one gangster said, “Him? You thought he was the boss? That’s rich! Hey Dyre! They thought Sal was the boss!” Heretofore unseen, Dyre made his first appearance, emerging from his armored stagecoach.

The look on my players’ faces was priceless.

Hot Damn! That is some fine scene revealing.

We’re nearing the end of our campaign, and my PCs have chosen an end goal. They had choices: help Heaven get the YOG, take it for themselves and usurp Lucifer with all that power, or feed the YOG to The Hunger, which in my game is a giant sentient sand worm that fancies itself a god. They’ve decided on the latter.

I always thought it would be neat if they went this route, because if they succeed, The Hunger will become The Devourer :smiling_imp: