Post Apo World

question

Hello, I’m running an OSE campaign for a while. I recently bought the master edition and I like it so much, fast and furious RPG! I’m eager to start a session. My groups would like to play a post apo settings, something between Fallout and Gamma world. Do you know if there is a post apo world or at least Class, and abilities like mutations or psy powers that exist for icrpg ?

Thanks

Check out faltered State for some ideas. It’s cyberpunk style but you could easily hack it into less cyber and more punk.

I think you mean Altered State. Though Faltered State does sound like a totally dope hack.

In a post apo world, I’d keep most characters as human. Then you could get something like Metamorphica and roll up random mutations. Re-roll any that don’t make sense or don’t fit your theme properly.

I wouldn’t worry too much about careful balance: the real joy of ICRPG is letting go of mechanical balance and enjoying the emergent narrative. So work with your players to make the rolled mutations make sense - some might give an extra ability, or increase a stat, and others might introduce a flaw or weakness. That’s where the real fun starts!

If you wanted to do “sentient animals” as PCs, you certainly could. Give an uplifted bear a +2 CON to start, and maybe a -1 INT or CHA or something. But they lack opposable thumbs and therefore can’t use most weapons.

Twiddling stats in this way is super fast, easy, and can make a big difference as the game unfolds.

I made a Fallout hack for ICRPG but it’s currently in spanish only because I’m too lazy to translate it xd

I believe you could easily use The Rad Hack’s stuff or something similar for ICRPG. Maze Rats also has a really cool mutation table.

thanks. Love the rad hack but I found The wasted hack has the right classes for my flavor of post apo. I will try to convert them and com with something playable. Actually I will play in a setting loosely inspired by the netflix serie Tribes of Europa. While it’s not the best show ever, the factions are really ‘picaresque’ and easy to use in game

Could you share it in spanish? I’m from Belgium speaker I studied spanish a little bit in highschool

Ohh, I didn’t watched that series but I’ve heard of it… I believe the DEGENESIS tabletop rpg has a similar concept (a post-post-apocalyptic earth where people formed new civilizations, mostly tribal), and even though it is quite a rules and lore heavy game, there’s a lot of good ideas to steal from it.

Aight, I might try to clean it up to share it xD it’s currently a mess but it shouldn’t take me long to make something mildly readable haha.