Play by post anyone?

[She can do either] 20 characters.

In her desperation Morvi attempts to revive Mehrfin, ["wake up!] (12+0 Con attempt) but recoils in fear as Greystone rises from the dead…
[Fuuuuuuuuu… dge…]

[@AbbenWisson. Lol. I appreciate the attempt.]

[@Smittumi … I think I misunderstand the rules. Does the water from earlier in the game no longer grant a Con+1 recovery? Reading through the thread I thought it did, but maybe your intent was that once someone was down, it took an outside force to get them up. I’m good with whatever … just trying to see how I can be useful in this fight. Thanks.]

[oh snap! That would be great if Morvi got a +1 Con, Muel has his Tabard that can make any 1ally’s attempt EASY but he’s down like a clown and I don’t know if it’s an active or passive ability. Like, is it inherent in the shirt or does Muel lend a certain je ne ce quois to an otherwise mundane piece of clothing? It is LOOT, after all, and if it were destroyed he would likely lose his ability. Hmmm… Lol]

[Yeah. I think we are grasping at straws here. :slight_smile: ]

[you ain’t wrong! Imma d&d lawyer haha]

[ but hey legends aren’t told about that one time a couple Adventurers “had a pretty easy time saving the world, actually” are they xD]

[Indeed. Even if our characters die I’d still like to see our surviving comrades wipe the smile off that Yag’s face. ]

[Ok, so out of Muel and Merf which is in worse shape and in need of healing the most? Or if the two of you are within arms reach of each other I can heal both at the same time…?? I’d need to be able to touch you both simultaneously.]

[Muel is at 0 on his death timer. I’m not sure if that qualifies him as dead or not. Mehrfin is down but stable, so Muel needs your assistance more. We are both in the same zone, but Smittumi will likely need to weigh in if we are in touching distance.]

Ok so.

At 0HP you’re down on the floor and dying. On your turn 1) roll a 1d4 death timer. 2) make a CON roll vs the current target to survive your wounds. If you pass this your still at 0HP but you’re no longer dying. 3) if you failed the check tick down your death timer.

Each turn make your survive CON check, and if you fail turn your death timer again at the end of your turn. If your death timer hits zero you’re dead, dead, dead. :skull:

If you make your CON survive check then on your next turn you can make a CON recovery attempt to recover a BASIC amount of HP.

Anyone can, if they spend their turn doing it, try to staunch your wounds (DEX or INT check) to stop your death timer for you. And if course doing so can make your own survival attempt EASIER, as with other checks. I’d also be willing to hear justifications for helping others with recovery attempts too if they make sense.

As to the Tabard. I kinda think in PbP games passive abilities make things tricky. However, at this point the decision is too important to rest on the GMs whim. Imma say 50/50 and roll a d6. On a 4+ the Tabard will work even with the wearer unconscious. Got a 5!! The Tabard will work.

Characters in the same zone can be in range of touch abilities, so Hykon can touch two downed PCs at once.

Hopefully that all made sense. What do you guys do?

I’m pretty sure Muel died in the pocket dimension, now that I’m counting back turns. I rolled a 1 on my death timer and failed my CON roll. I don’t think anyone could have saved him.

[sorry to everyone for missing some rolls, work’s been scheduling me 6 days a week and punishing us if we call off so I found another job last week. Fudge 'em. Things should settle down enough now for me to plan Muel’s funeral :pleading_face:]

[Based on the new info, I re-rolled the Con+1 recover roll from earlier as Basic Effort and would be at 2 HP. From a roleplay perspective, I’d assume I’m barely mobile, maybe crawling.]

[Muel may very well be dead at this point, but Mehrfin wouldn’t know that.]

Mehrfin crawls over to where Muel is laying and tries to shake him awake/patch his wounds with scraps from his traveler’s pack. [INT 16+3=19 WE 4]

“Come on. Wake up.”

Hykon, finally getting free of the snow orc, dashes over to where Mehrfin is tending to Muel. He lays hands on the both of them and recites HEALING TOUCH.

[Ok, y’all aren’t gonna believe this, but straight up I. Just rolled a NAT20.]

WIS 20+2=22 / EFFORT 10+2=12

[and I just maxed out on the EFFORT roll to! Man, I wish this was on dice cam, I know y’all think I’m full of it, but I swear those are legit rolls.]

[And I guess since NAT20 I add ULTIMATE to EFFORT so…]

ULTIMATE 3… So 15 total EFFORT

Timer turns to 0

Cackling manically Yag drags the lens into the portal, and follows after it. And the portal closes.

The Orc Warlord, completely enraged and berserk, chops the zombie Greystone to pieces, crashes out of the lighthouse through a window and jumps down to the ground. He is last seen sprinting through the town towards the exit.

Back in the lighthouse is still for a moment. From nowhere a visible starlight somehow shines down on Hykon’s head. The ancient power of Torton ancestors flows through him.

Gently he touches Mehrfin and then Muel. Mehrfin’s wounds close miraculously and he is able to get up.

Muel is still however. Morvi weeps.

But, incredibly, through the power of his faith in his forefathers Hykon shouts out a prayer in a language he never used before. His voice booms through the whole lighthouse. The building shakes.

Muel’s soul appears before you all as a small mote of golden light that leaves his broken body. Hykon draws Muel’s soul before it dissipates and he binds it into Muel’s own spear. The weapon feels warm to the touch and from now on any who hold it who knew Muel, can feel his presence as though he was in the room with them.

The fate of Durhadda and Duradin is dark however.

With Yag in possession of a relic as mighty as the lens he returns to and fortifies his tower. Soon he masses a mighty undead army that crushes all who oppose it, including the Snow Orcs, and the Dwarves, and much of Duradin falls to terrible darkness.

Years pass.

But what of our heroes. What will they do in these dark times?

[This is the end of the campaign guys! I’d love it if each of you could give us a monologue describing what your character does during the dark reign of Yag The Immortal. It can be whatever, even making a plan to take him out. You just can’t describe successfully overthrowing him. @AbbenWisson, please tell us what Morvi does. All feel free to invent whatever details you like.

[I’d like to thank you all for playing, this has been the longest and best PbP campaign I’ve ever run. By far the most fun, I can’t belive you guys stuck with it. It’s been loads of fun for me, I hope for you too. I’d love to do a follow up some time, maybe over voice discord and the Runehammer vtt? Finally, I always welcome constructive feedback so either post it here or message me if you prefer.

That’s it, that’s all she wrote. Let’s see those monologues, boys!]

[OMG heart emoji twenty characters this will take me a minute/days to write this. This was great!]

-Morvi is last seen near the ruins of the Lighthouse.
-She was amidst a small group of folks pulling Muel’s remains in a cart.
-She carried a 10 ft spear and seemed to be addressing the group, ranting and pointing her finger at everything but the torn and bloodied tabard she wore:

"… TO DEFEND YOU MUST FIGHT…"

"…TO ASCEND YOU MUST DIE…"

"… YOU SAID YOU’D DIE FOR HIM…"

-A small roar escapes the group, and then they are seen no more.
-They melt into the columns of fleeing masses, spreading the word of the Cult of the Spear as they go, further and further from home, swearing to return.

Mehrfin had always been a man of magic, driven by the desire for knowledge instead of friendship. Yet, these recent experiences had left him changed, thinking of what he had lost in the form of family relationships and friendships in general because of his relentless pursuit of knowledge and power.

Muel’s passing had a stronger effect on him than he thought it would. Muel was young, by dwarven standards, and in his passing Mehrfin saw himself. He couldn’t help thinking that the world would be a better place had he died and not Muel.

Visiting family and seeking to make friends among his own kind, Mehrfin realized that the core of him had not changed, but that his purpose had. Convinced now that knowing where he came from was irrelevant, he sought knowledge and power now with the desire to kill the Yag, the Snow Orc, and every creature that had brought pain to his associates. Would power corrupt him as it likely had the Yag? Time would tell.

Hykon spent the first few months after Muel’s death in the Temple. He grieved for the loss of his companion and friend. He also grieved for Durhadda and Duradin as well.

After months of prayer and meditation, brooding and soul searching Hykon, much like Mehrfin, came to the conclusion that where he comes from isn’t as important as where he is now and where he is going. Since arriving to this world and wading out of the sea and onto its shores, Hykon had just one thought and desire; to discover where he came from and returning there one day. Barring that, it was to find a place to belong, to find a place to call home. Hykon now knows where that place is… Durhadda.

Eventually, Hykon leaves the Temple and heads out into the darkness that is now his home. He has made a vow to one day set Durhadda free of this darkness and to avenge the death of his friend. Until that time, Hykon roams the darkness, helping those in need and bringing light where he can.

For Durhadda…