Play by post anyone?

With everyone stood together they’re able to look into the next chamber. Another bowl shaped room, shallower and about twenty feet across. Further exits going north and south.

In the middle of the room is a corpse, from the edge of the room it looks like it was an elf in robes.

The whole party can hear a noise, not cackling or cursing or wailing. Something in-between. It’s in the back of their minds but it’s also from within the room.

Quildrum and Mehrfin have experience of the undead, and this room seems haunted.

“This place sucks guys.”

Mehrfin stores energy [4,2]

Yeah, let’s keep heading North…

[Does this room have any of those killer cabbages in it? Can we tell if this elf is recently killed or been there a while? Perhaps part of the group we just wiped out?]

[Mehrfin does have that Detection crystal. Never used it to answer more than just the presence of evil, but we could try it for the purposes you outlined. I’ll have to wait until Smittumi posts, though. I already used my action for this round.]

[Yeah, I want to search this corpses body, but want to know about any cabbages before traipsing off into this room. Also, not to excited about it being haunted either. Doesn’t sound like it bodes well for a Torton to just head off willy nilly.]

There are no cabbages here, just the body lying facedown on the floor, and the weird cackling wailing sound in the air.

If you want more info on the body you’ll need to investigate it. Or head north or south.

Hykon enters the room and heads for the body lying in the center. He searches it and investigates to see what, if anything, he can find out about the corpse

INT (investigation check if needed) 20+1=21 or WIS 20+2=22 (either way :metal:)

[Anyone have any ghost repellent??]

[Int 13+3=16 ME 6+5=11]

Mehrfin grabs and powers up his detect crystal, focusing on getting more information on the body and the area immediately surrounding it.

[What is this experience I’m having if some type of undead creature or something in my head??] Quildrum trys to shake it off…[ I hate this chamber!!!] Frantically shaking his head with his hands with over his face…

[@Condorthegreat, just that you’re familiar with the undead and can tell this chamber is haunted, it’s got that same prickly feeling on the back of your neck]

Hykon turns over the body and there’s a feeling/sound like a sharp intake of breath.

The Elf witch’s face is contorted in pain and rage. Her body shows signs of acid burns, and much of her flesh has been torn away by large round bite marks.

She was lying on top of something, it’s another key, like a crab-shell without legs, about the size of a dinner plate. Hykon tries to move it with one hand but it’s much heavier than it should be.

Mehrfin casts his detection spell and immediately sees a swirling phantom above the heads of the group, invisible to the others but moving with malevolent intent. Its face like a twisted half-mad copy of the face on the corpse that the group stands over. Then suddenly it dives down!

Everyone make an INT save.

Timer 1

Target 15

What do you do?

[Int 7+3=10 … even with advantage this wouldn’t have worked out for me.]

INT:14+2=16
QUILDRUM see Merf make a strange face and asks
[ What’s wrong, you ok my friend?]

[INT Save 7+1=8 (ooofff!!) Damn these elf mages!!]

Gah! Muel rolls a 13. Low intelligence boi

Hykon watches in horror as the phantom drops straight down on top of him and merges with him.

[Timer 0]

Almost immediately he hears her voice shouting in his head, all manner of elvish slurs against non-elves and curses in a dozen high-languages. Presently he has no kind of mental defence prepared and her voice splits through him (no save, take 4 damage).

Then Hykon suddenly feels the ghost leave his body, and watches as it jumps over into Quildrum.

Quildrum can hear the ghost in his mind now. Only as distant whispers, but getting louder.

[New Timer 1]

The witch corpse lays before the group (unsearched), as does the heavy key. There are exits north, south and east (where the party came from). There’s little else in this room other than boot prints going in and out as though the witch and her allies had moved back and forth a great deal.

Target 15

What do you do?

So even after my INT save the phantom got into my head…

I stole your INT save. Mwa ha ha!