Play by post anyone?

[Smittumi, how many of these plants are there?]

Hykon takes out his crossbow and fires off a bolt at one of the bulbs.

DEX 8+1=9

Hykon misses badly. He looks around embarrassingly, blaming it on his unfamiliarity with the new weapon.

[Ask not what the Torton can do for you, but rather, what you can do for the Torton.]

Yes I’m wondering how many of these bulbs are there GM?

The thud of the bolt sets off another couple of bulbs.

[The bowl shaped chamber is about 16 feet across. There are about a dozen bulbs each the size of a grapefruit.]

[well Hykon, I think we should wait until Merf can teleport us] there’s hell of a lot of them down there

[And I’m down here with them]

Muel rolls a Nat 1 on Defense…
[Because of course he did.]
(I’m going to admit, I got a bit lazy on my bookkeeping, I’m pretty sure I’m at 0/1 Hero Coins, 3/5 Karma, and I was at full health before pole vaulting into a pit of carnivorous, subterranean cabbantaloupes.)
Edit: so I’m at 14/20 health. Thank you Heart Stone!

[So are you stuck in the middle of them then? As in, if you move you’ll set them off? We need to figure how to get you out without setting them off?]

“Yes,” Hykon says, looking to Quil. “Waiting for brother Mehrfin to open a portal would be the wise thing to do.”

“The bigger question now,” Hykon says, pointing at the dwarf, “Is how to get Muel out of the middle of those things without setting them off.”

[Int 16+3=19 ME 6+5=11]

Mehrfin smacks the crystal a few more times and it comes to life. He points it down in the direction of Muel. He hasn’t been down there before, so is not sure if this will work, but tries to portal Muel up to where he is at by the West entrance.

[Muel holds up his shield between him and the cabbagefruit, crouching down and trying to fit completely behind it. His torch has likely gone out, but he still has it.]
[Morvi has a light source also, with Quil and Hykon at the Southern entrance to this room]

[Muel is chewing the end of one of his climbing ropes like a cigar, nervously. He sure could use one right about now.]
“These Gods-damned cave vegetables mucking up me adventure!”

[I just made a new character sheet for Muel in a form fillable PDF I downloaded and I realize now that I kinda don’t like digital character sheets.]

[I hate em… Gimme old school pen and paper anyday.:metal:]

My old character sheet:

[I had to wait for someone else to comment to upload it haha. Apparently you can’t post 3 times in a row. At least you can just leave a reply unsent in your browser, that’s pretty tight.]

Mehrfin’s doorway opens under Muel who falls through onto the western pathway.

One bulb teeters on the edge of the doorway but Mehrfin skilfully closes it before it can fall through.

[Now that’s my kinda character sheet! Love the pic.]

Hykon nods his head in satisfaction, as Muel is rescued from the killer cabbages.

“Now we wait for our turn,” he says, looking around at Quil and Morvi.

[Int 14+3=17 ME 4+5=9]

Mehrfin makes sure Muel is settled and that nothing else came through, then takes the portal crystal and draws a quick portal with the crystal off to the side, willing it toward the far end of the cavern where everyone else is. He then steps aside so the others can come through.

“Sorry that took a bit.”