Play by post anyone?

I say we go release wat captives are alive and rummage the the piles of treasure for items to take and get off this island. Or we can just find a boat and get off this island leaving the captives.

[ I think all the captives are dead.]

Is the boat we came here in close by? Still in sea worthy condition? If so, Hykon will head to retreive the boat and will scan the piles of treasure for anything useful along the way.

[OMG! We did it! Hahaha! YES! That was great! I didn’t know what to expect when I went to sleep last night. Good job everyone! The dice were really scaring me]

[Yeah, we bad! The best part was when Quil got tossed through the air and fell out of the sky crying like a biotch!]

[That was fucking hilarious NGL]

I’m good to go release the captives if any remain alive. I’d also like to take a look at the treasure and the shining spirit that was left behind (to see if it is mage worthy). I’m pretty sure I sunk our boat, but I have the Doorway spell to get us off this island as needed.

[Thats right, forgot about that doorway spell… treasure hunt time!]

I treasure hunting we will go!!! My new song … lol

Getting the doorway spell opened near the broken statue, so we can get through it whenever. That’s my action for this round.

[Int 15 ME 11]

Quildrum starts checking thru piles of treasure to see wat he can find.
INT:20+2=22.
Another nat 20… Yay treasure…lol
My move for the round.

Hykon watches Quil, half in wonder and half in curiosity. “Yay, treasure?” Hykon shakes his head. “What sort of man-child is this?” He turns and walks off, wondering about pit fighters.

Muel rummages around in the treasure (INT 2+0) but keeps looking over at the magic portal Mehrfin opened.
“Hehehe, oh yeah… Finally gonna take a walk on the magic side. Hey Morvi you scared? I bet you are.”
He brushes aside some enormous diamonds without even looking at them and picks up an old tin cup.
“Psh. I know I’m not.”
He tosses the tin cup down and keeps rummaging while glancing at the portal from time to time.
Mervi arches an eyebrow but keeps quiet and focuses on wrapping up random cuts and bruises [CON 12+2=14 and 2 BASIC effort, she’s back up to 3/5❤️] from the battle.
“Thanks for saving my life Muel”
“… Oh hey no problem” he replies distractedly.

As the waters swirl around their feet and ankles, the heroes quickly paw their way through the loot.

Hykon examines the spirit energy coalescing around the base of statue. Carefully, once he’s sure its safe, he draws it into himself. Immediately he hears a voice both familiar and strange, like a long forgotten grandparent. It is Slaan, a Torton god of law thought to be lost. Speaking serenely he tells Hykon he’d been trapped in the Child of Azatoth for uncounted centuries. Hykon can, by praying to Slaan, make a CHA check and ask him any yes/no question about the past or present.

Next to him, Mehrfin finds amongst the rubble a gem reflecting many colours. Its clearly magical. The gem is an Arcane Paraphact. Each spell Mehrfin knows becomes a powerword. Mehrfin is no longer limited by the spell description, any spell he casts within the theme of the Powerword might be possible. [For example, Doorway becomes Powerword PORTAL, and he can attempt whatever spell he likes using portals. The bigger the effect the harder casting it will be. Hope that makes sense.]

Quildrum finds a pair of Ogrish Athlete Bands. The wearer rolls ULTIMATE instead of BASIC when rolling any STR based effort (that isn’t combat). And a magical javelin called Longshank (d10 lightning damage, but after you throw it you need to collect it before you can throw it again.)

Muel finds one of the fabled Heartstones. When he puts it on he gains an extra Heart of HP and the any conversations / negotiation rolls with Dwarves, antmen or other underground creatures will be EASY.

The heroes run through Mehrfin’s portal back to Durhadda just in time to see the island retreating into the distance and sinking back under the waves. The storm is quickly abating and the men and Dwarves of Lightwatch, as well as the people of Durhadda, look hopefully up at the sky.

Target 9

You have a clear day ahead with no threats in the immediate vicinity.

What last thing do you each want to do before we take a break from the campaign?

Depending on how much in game time we have to work with, I’d like to settle in to the library at Durhadda, searching for spell knowledge as well as any information on the origin of the Tortons. I could take up residence near the library, but not in the old wizard’s house, though I might drop in there periodically to see if he has any old bits of spell knowledge or trinkets that would also be useful. For money I’ll transport people around the area (ferry-like service using doorway).

I’d chat with my associates. There was that area under the library, if I remember correctly, that was a possible dungeon crawl. We could delve into that coming up or try another whack at the soul sucker guy who lived in the tower (assuming killing the child of Azatoth didn’t take care of him.)

[Yay, a happy interlude. Muel is going to probably chill around town and generally coast a bit after his first successful campaign. Mooch off his Uncle, hang out at the Nag’s Head, bum rides from Rilliot, maybe get a replacement shield from Leewalf down at the ol’ smithy’s (he waits until the last fucking minute to do this and barely gets it before the next adventure [if Smittumi allows]. At some point he’s also definitely going to take an afternoon and take a look at the Lens in the Lighthouse, see how it’s holding up.]

Quildrum takes both and put bands on and put the javelin on his back. He will go see the smithy to polish up his weapons. Then he will go and have some ale until his new found friends along with Merf get together for more intriguing matters

Hykon will go visit the church to pray and meditate and reconnect spiritually with his deity.

[Pause for the Cause. How long are we pausing for?]

Also, while at the church, Hykon will get the priest to bless several bottles of holy water. Let’s say 5.

[I think you guys need to rest for a couple of days]

[RL is calling me but if you guys are game I think I can run one more adventure in this campaign.]