Play by post anyone?

[going to have to think about this one]

[Unless someone says they want to keep info secret I think take it as read you have already met at The Nag’s Head for breakfast and swap all the info]

Muel will take the
• MARK OF THE FALCON: CARRIED, an iron symbol. CON rolls are EASY.
from the Path of Iron.
And then he immediately runs to Lord Furlan and spills the beans (he figure if anyone, an elf might be more easily able to gain info on another elf.) [whew] He then tells everyone that he will be going to search for a text in the Keeps Library and asks everyone, Lord Furlan especially, what he thinks can be done about the Elf Duke.
“We have to restore the lens, but the threat to Duradin seems imminent! The Duke is mad to attack the City! We have to search the city to find him!”

First, we need to find the emissary from the Duke to the Orcs. Once we stop him/her then payment to the Orcs will stop. The Orcs are a mercenary thinkers, they won’t do anything without payment. I inquire with the Sergent if he knows of any elf ambassadors, specifically from the Elf Duke of the Greystone family, who are staying in the city or who has passed through recently. I tell the group that I will be visiting the wizard shop tonight to investigate the scene.

[on a side note, just a reminder, Furlan has yet to reveal openly, to the group, his relationship to the Greystone family or his connection to the Duke]

Quildrum is taking …
Kit Of Spikes: even wen miss in melee… does 1d4 of damage.
He hasn’t learned anything to tell the group so he’s says nothing.
What did I get in my negotiations with the smithy? Did I get the first 3 rep points from earlier. If i need to roll for anything lmk please smittumi…ty

Excuse me, “SO GUYS, what do you think we should do about this island that’s popped up?”

We need to stop the Orcs from further raiding and maybe even a full out attack before we can address the island situation. Or else, there will not be a Durhadda to return to.

In the morning after hearing about the various issues at the breakfast table, Mehrfin suspects that the mage’s death was not accident, but was murder, perhaps at the hands of the invading force in order to weaken the keep.

Mehrfin meets up with the Lightwatch and reviews the body and the crime scene to determine whether or not this is the case.

[Not sure if I would use Int or Wis here, so will provide both possibilities from one roll … INT 6, WIS 4. My character’s understanding of truth is gonna be tweaked for sure.]

Mehrfin was excited to hear about the old library. If he has time after the review of the crime scene, he’d very much like to check that out as well.

[Your Kit of Spikes is what you got from the smithy. Technically you weren’t there for the orcs but screw it, I’m not gonna be that hard-core about it. You get the +3 Rep from that too. Nothing for you to roll]

[I MADE A BLUNDER! Anywhere you saw me refer to Duke Furlan or House Furlan, it should instead read Duke Greystone and House Greystone.

Furlan is our PC hero’s first name. And he never told you his surname.]

Edited my post. Good catch, I’m trying to follow the lore

Muel definitely needs Mehrfin’s help to search the library.
We might be able to do both together, if the GM agrees. Or I could suggest you as the Torton for the job to Uncle Mulo?

You know what? Should we try to put the city into lockdown before the emissary leaves? Use our Rep?

Ty GM… I was wondering cause if i didn’t get it, it would have heen ok too, but thanx again.

That would be awesome. Thank you.

Lockdown sounds like a good idea. I also have that doorway spell that I keep wanting to use. Not sure how many people we can fit through that in 1D4 rounds, but it might be a good out for at least a handful of citizens. We might also be able to use it to get archers or other specific people behind enemy lines when the time comes.

[INT is good. Target is 9. We’re in day long turns but each of these tasks really takes up the whole day so you need to decide which one you’re going for today.]

[All good. My characters first choice was to help out the Lightwatch, so I’ll stick with that for today. If Muel recommends me then perhaps I’d be able to review the old library tomorrow.

Might be fun to attack that island that appeared. Push back the timer perhaps?]

Should/Could I try to convince either my Uncle or Sergeant Kozan to close the city gates to catch the emissary or at least contain the Duke?