Play by post anyone?

Hykon walks up to where Muel lies paralyzed, squats down next to him and says “Guess you can’t run away this time” and lays a hand on him while reciting a prayer.

CLEANSE Spell: cures all negative effects from curses, poisons, and disease.

WIS: 8+2=10 EFFORT: 2+2=4

Hykon looks around at his fellow companions and says “I have healing magic for anyone that may need it but as Furlan suggests I say we cut these bodies down and get out of here first.” With that Hykon stands and heads toward the hanging bodies.

As the spiders devour the corpse of their mother the heroes converge at the feeding area.

Hykon helps Muel to his feet, whose dwarven hardiness seems to have returned to him. [You’re all better now]

The bodies are cut down. The driver, a human named Rilliot, is alive! Scared and sore but alive, and incredibly thankful to the heroes. “The lads down the Nag’s Head will never believe this!”

The other three are all dead, in various stages of decay. They have little left in their rotten clothes other than a Smoke Jar (remove the lid and smoke pours out filling the zone), and Singing Arrow Head (attach this to an arrow - when fired it let’s out a high pitched whine, even after it hits the target).

Furlan notices the weapons sticking out of the giant spider’s abdomen, and an unhatched spider egg nearby - mages love experimenting on such things!

All else is quiet.

Timer rerolled. Now at 2.
Target 13

What do you do?

Muel grabs the Smoke Jar and starts hauling arse for the Entrance, trying to avoid being noticed by the spiders
DEX roll 15+0
“I owe you fellas my life!”
[The experience was traumatic for him and he’s all emotional haha]
He is definitely getting out of here though.

Well quildrum says "Can the driver run on his own? Hell, I’m following that guy. " if he can’t I guess I can carry him… “Hold on (Muel), wait on me” Come on guys let hightail it out of this forsaken place
IF I NEED TO ROLL
DEX ROLL 3+1=4 (DAMMIT MAN)

Grab a cloak and wrap up the spider egg and then start heading out with everyone else.

Mehrfin follows the group.

Would the Singing Arrow Head work on a crossbow bolt? Regardless, Hykon reaches down and snatches it up. Might come in handy later on. He turns and jogs off catching up to his companions.

[singing arrow reminds me of the singing frog from from looney tunes]

[@GaryD20 yeah it’ll work on a crossbow bolt]

The heroes arrive back at the wagon and find Piper stood patiently waiting by. All seems well. The driver is glad to be back in a place of relative safety, and is almost able to walk on his own now. However, it’s incredibly late now and much too dark to start walking towards Durhadda. The heroes will have to camp the night and need to agree whether and how they will keep watch until the morning.

The cliff-road is fairly narrow (two wagons could not pass one another easily), there are scrubby bushes and low trees dotted along the cliff side all along the road.

What do you do?

If anyone (or more than one) goes on watch they should make a WIS roll for each hour they watch. The target is 15 due to the darkness.

[Dont know if you’re still interested (it’s been a couple of days I know!), but if you are then now is a good time to write up a character.]

[I had a real dilemma with this one. The Hank in me told me to cut back in Durhadda and let you guys have a town scene, as it was better for pacing and rhythm. But the OSR in me said “No, they haven’t got there yet, you can’t skip over things!” This time around I’ll go with the OSR, but I reserve the right to drop encounter rolls as soon as they become annoying, lol.]

Muel will take first watch, 2 hours.
1st WIS check: 13+0
2nd WIS check: Nat1+0 (oof MaGoof)

[You can’t have an adventure without camping!]

Hykon will take 2nd watch. 2 hours also.

WIS 19+2=21 (1st hour)
WIS 19+2=21 (2nd hour)

Ha, what are the odds :grinning:

Also, if anyone needs healing speak up. Hykon will do what he can for you with his healing magic.

HEALING: Recovery actions take one full turn, whether we’re in Moments, Hours or whatever else. So healing magic and special loot are usually the best way to get better.

Quildtum will take the next 2 hours
1st hour: 19+1=21
2nd hour:17+2=19
Pit fighter always aware!!

Is the driver still with us or did he roll on…

Oops I meant 20 for the first hour…