Of Music and Magic

music
mechanics
bard

Hey guys, I have been working on some new mechanics and concepts for those who ar interested in playing a bard, or performer type character. Please let me know your thoughts, impressions, and critiques. Thanks!

Bard, School of Song, and CHA Spells!
The Bard -revised Bard link in comments-
Devil Went Down to Georgia/Get the band back together

I have already gotten some good feedback from the immortals on the discord server. So far I am going to tone down the durations of the spells to be 1d4 rounds across the board if they have a lasting effect. And instead of an automatic success on out of game performance it instead makes your roll easy to cast. I hope you all enjoy this content, and help me to make it even better. This is my first draft so it definitely helps me to refine the ideas

Hell yeah!
I never go beyond a d4 for duration unless something extends it. Like the Extend spell in my Final Fantasy Hack which doubles lasting effect and extends the range.

Yeah, I was trying it in a few specific instances for example, with the resurrection requiem to give more longevity to the “don’t die on me man” scenario and some other stuff. Maybe for those I can just let them add their Magic Effort bonus? I really don’t want a situation to interrupt a PCs dying rolls only to make them die faster on a 1… I guess that balances it out and makes it a gamble though. Anyways, I appreciate your feedback, sincerely,thanks. It will make the traveling band campaign I’m working on more dynamic and interesting.

Great work there. I can’t tell you how much I love bards.
Do post your updates and refinements please.

Thanks a lot for the encouragement. I will try to update it as I make changes. Another piece of feedback I got from the immortals was that some of these spells seemed more powerful than some of the Magic in the core book. Which is fair, some of my ideas do seem to be overbalanced, but considering that the majority of these spells effect any creature within hearing range of the spell it will make the performer a little more wary of using the damaging spells with allies around as well as the healing spell around enemies. So I feel like the bump in power is balanced by having to think tactically about friendly fire. Most of these are like setting off a fireball centered on yourself.

(Edit) I have now replaced the photos with the updated text containing the 1d4 durations and other changes we talked about.