Non-ICRPG games you groove on

Pathfinder
Started playing when my friends and I just couldn’t groove on D&D 4th Edition. However, we don’t play it as much anymore with ICRPG now moving in as our staple game. We still enjoy Pathfinder every now and then, but with our limited play time ICRPG allows us to do so much more with our available time. We’re curious to see how Pathfinder 2 plays out and if it might help streamline game play.

Maze Rats :rat:
In another preivious post (Knave with ICRPG INDEX CARD RPG Resources Knave with ICRPG), @Kreeba brought up Ben Milton’s (aka QuestingBeast) “Knave” RPG. However, when I discovered his other RPG “Maze Rats” I was intrigued. We started playing with it and now it’s our go-to on-the-spot RPG when we just want to play something “RIGHT NOW” with absolutely no prep (lots of awesome random table rolls to help create a random adventure). We’ve also used it to help generate some adventure ideas, places, and NPCs for ICRPG.

Risus
Risus: The Anything RPG” is and was (well before Maze Rats) our go-to mini adventure/story RPG. Super rules lite, free, and just super fun to play. We use it for our more comical “too many beers with too few pretzels” nights where we want a lighthearted romp through the Fire Swamp or a stop over at Gus’ Galaxy Grill space diner (just don’t eat the Space Special :alien: ).

The Black Hack - Specifically Graham Spearing’s spin on it, Heroic Fantasy. It’s a great all-in-one fantasy RPG based on the first edition of the Black Hack. More classes, more races, more stuff, and well-written

OpenQuest 2 by Newt Newport. Think of it as RuneQuest Light.

Rocket Age by Ken Spencer. Pulp sci-fi done right. I’m not sold on the game engine but the setting is fantastic and quite detailed. A 5e version is in the works.

If I ever get the time I want to convert Winter Eternal to ICRPG. Hopefully later this year.