Newbie Question re: movement

question

I’m a newbie and I’m gming a game with some kids tomorrow. I think I’ve got my head around everything except movement.

So you can stay put + action, move near + action, or move far, That makes sense.

But how the banana works,is a little less clear but let me know if I have this right.

According to pg16 in the core book, close is basically within arms reach, near is the whole banana?, and far is beyond the banana, is this why people say they will move double banana?

Thank you in advance for your answers. This community is excellent.

Yep move the length of a banana (Equal to about 30’ in most RPGs where 1” is 5’’) in a turn and do something, or move double banana. Just go with what feels right to be honest as bananas vary in size. Have fun!

https://forums.runehammer.online/t/a-handy-chart-on-calculating-distance/1304

While not cannon. @TheWunderLich made this incredible post.

Near, you can lunge and hit or any such concept.

The banana is just a concept. Distance not that important. The post above just makes it easy to eat the banana, and have distances. But if they fub the distance an inch or three in any direction…who really cares.

@Paxx that post was actually one of the things that confused me when it was first posted. the biggest of the three gestures is label far, When actually everything within that gesture is near and beyond that gesture is far.

I think it’s all cleared up now. Thanks everyone.