Mass Effect: ICRPG Hack

playtest
mass-effect

We’re still on, we’ll see how it goes. I think one more person joined just now. I want to just test it out and see how bad it is :rofl::rofl:

Remember to join the Discord everyone!

Added a link to the Loot Tables in the first post. Feel free to check them out.

Woah its huge haha. Gonna take a bit to read this

Yeah, Google docs is no the best for this type of stuff, specially if you want to keep at 50 per page hahaha

Man after my own heart…40…assault rifle +1 charisma…:hugs:

Edited the post to include a non-expiring link to the Discord Server. Thank you!

@GH23 runs a very mellow, high action game. mellow in the terms of “ok, that doesn’t fit but I see where you are going…”

We were playing an alpha game and I got my gaming fix in. Even when things got adjusted a bit.

Not familiar with the setting, I got the quintessential place of the game from @GH23’s description and was able to play my character as I saw fit.

If GH23 is running a straight-up game RUN do not walk to sign up. he is very charming and accommodating in his manner and speech, not to mention making everyone getting to feel valued and appreciated.

Very Basic Game rundown

We went to a bar to take down a very large bad guy with bodyguards. We succeeded after getting thrown across the establishment and having the bathroom explode around one of us. The encounter was probably planned for 45 minutes and lasted about 2 hours, but this is alfa. And I don’t think we rolled over a 9 in the first 4 rounds. So blame the dice gods.

@GH23 I found to be very accommodating and engaging, while not being a pushover as a GM. There was the “well let’s do it this way” through the alpha aspect, that was unexpected. But I enjoyed my time.

@Nathan was fun and brought a level of bravado. @Sweenie_McGuffin was his typical quiet confident self.

I was my occasional verbose self. However, everyone tolerated me while making me feel welcome.

Was a lot of fun! Looking forward to see how the project goes forward.
If you need another playtest I’m around :grin:

@Paxx Thank you for the nice review! I think it’s too nice for just an alpha testing :laughing: . The feedback you, @Sweenie_McGuffin and @Nathan provide was invaluable and because of it I have made some adjustments to the mechanics. I believe those changes reflect a better feel of the Mass Effect video game without loosing the core concept of ICRPG. I’m ready to do another playtest sometime this week to try out the new changes, but I’ll post that soon with the details (they’re a bit specific, lol) Again, thank you for the feedback and review, I greatly appreciate it!

The new version is up and anyone can go take a look at it clicking the link in the OP :wink:

Ok…disrupter ammo and power are still not clear or differentiated. Do they do any damage? Do they ignore shields…

Beyond that I am envious of the layout.
78 second loot table, Newton, I get how it works but wording is a bit clumsy. D10 to primary target, D6 to 1d4 other targets might make sense.

So the Outage power it’s a Tech Power so it requires an INT roll. Then, the affected target can’t use their own powers (neither Biotic nor Tech). As far as the Disruptor Ammo, it completely destroys shield, but does no damage (it’s literally meant to take down shields). But if it hits mechs or synths, it does 1d8 damage (they don’t have shields).

Maybe I have to make it clearer, but shields can’t be bypassed, they must be destroyed before a target’s health is taken down. With the Disruptor Ammo (and Melee attacks) you can destroy the shields in one hit (if you pass the Check of course).

For the loot tables, it’s my own fault, I haven’t given them a once over since the playtest. I wanted to have the main doc in a playable state before fixing, editing or changing the loot tables. Hope that gives you a better explanation.

No explanation needed, just did a glance at the docs…it might not have updated the sheets, I’ll check later on the computer.

Hello, Shield Wall! I edited the OP with more details for another playtest. Please see the ‘UPDATE’ part of the post for more details. Basically, looking for more players to playtest the game. Thank you for reading!