Mass Effect: ICRPG Hack

playtest
mass-effect

Hello everyone! I’ve been part of the Shield Wall for a long time, but have never posted anything in the forums or before the forums haha. This is my first post and what a big one it is (for me at least)!

First, I have a deep love for video games, and the Mass Effect series is one of my favorite ones of all time (yes, including Andromeda lol). Second, I also love ICRPG and will like to thank a friend of mine (@Axiomaric) who convinced me to do this. Lastly, I had been trying to create a setting based on video games for a while (have a couple I’m working on) but this one is actually my first playable one. I want to introduce Mass Effect: ICRPG Hack, as it’s ready to be playtested (I think haha). All I know is that I just need to stop writing, or fixing things, and just play the game already.

For that reason, I’m opening the floor for 4 players, both new and experienced, to try this out with me. It’s going to be something relatively short, just a combat encounter to test the waters of the classes and bioforms, character creation and stuff like that. It will be through Roll20 and once I have the players I’ll DM them the link to the game. Thank you in advance!

If you’re willing to help but can’t play, please look at it, read it and let me know what you think. What’s present is all I’ve been able to do with just Google Docs. I know it’s not much, but I’m a bit proud of it. If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to ask. I might take a bit to answer but promise I’ll get to it. All constructive feedback is welcome and will be considered. Thank you again!

UPDATE: Another playtest session this coming 9 May (see above for your own time and date)!This one is a bit different. In the previous one, the players had never played the Mass Effect video games, but were veterans at ICRPG, which worked out pretty well. Now, I’m looking for feedback on the other side of the coin. Basically, I’m looking for players that have played at least one of the Mass Effect games before, but not necessarily have played ICRPG before. This way, I can test the new mechanics to see if it portrays well the video game aspects I"m trying to present with this game.

UPDATE TLDR: Looking for players that have played the Mass Effect video games to try out some new mechanics.

Link to playtest material

Link to Loot Tables

Link to Discord Server (Non-Expiring)

Link to Fillable Character Sheet (Prototype) by @Axiomaric

-GhostGM

Hey, I’d be willing to play!
I dont know nearly anything about Mass Effect though haha, hope thats not a dealbreaker!

It’s no problem at all! No knowledge of lore needed to play this game, I’m just testing out the classes and races. Thanks for the interest! Hope into the playtest doc for a read. If you have any questions let me know.

Same boat…not something I played or paid attention to…but I signed up for this!!!

That’s alright! Thanks for the interest!

I’m planning on human “ENGINEER“ and we’ll see how long I last.

Just skimming through the playtest stuff now,
Think im gonna try a Turian run and gun Vanguard.
The documents really easy to read through so thanks for that!

@Nathan, please sign up on the top next to the title, under the calendar thingy.

Oh right haha, just hit it there

We using roll 20 for audio as well? For Saturday I’d recommend anything else, discord comes to mind. Roll 20 servers seem a bit taxed at the moment.

Nah, for voice we’re using Discord as it’s much better.

Love Mass Effect! Busy Saturday, but I’d be down at another time…

Please look over the playtest sheet by all means. I’m pretty sure I’ll do another short playtest in the future again. Don’t worry!

Wait isnt the 3rd Sunday?

First of all, congrats on your first post! Second, what you put together is really really cool. Any fan of Mass Effect will love this supplement, and I am super excited for you as you head into playtesting!!! I can’t make the date and time work, but I know it will go great, and your players will have a blast!! Super awesome.

3rd is Sunday, 2nd is Saturday. Your time zone may have a different day. Here in Arizona it’s Saturday afternoon at 5pm AKA 17:00.

Thanks, Alex! It means a lot but we’ll see. Like they say, ‘no plan survives contact with the players’ and this is no different. :rofl::rofl:

Oh I didnt realise the site changed the time based on where I’m at

@Nathan @Paxx

Here’s the link to the Discord channel for the playtest and for anyone that wants to provide feedback or wants to talk about it.

We still a Go for this? waiting on more, or jumping in and seeing how the Chips float?