Lost Mines of Phandelver ICRPG Targets+LOOT

conversion
5e

I posted this earlier in the FB group so I wanted to put this brainstorm here for feedback! :slight_smile:

Last year a Ran LMOP for a year, afterwards I discovered ICRPG and its target system and fell in love so I started thinking what LMOP would look like in IC.

Here are some Target Conversions and LOOT!”

I’d give a MILESTONE every 2 of these Lined Sections. Meaning they’ll have 4-5 milestones by the end. You can advance them as fast or slow as you like tho

-Old Road 10
-Ambush 11-13(if “surprised”)
-Forest 12 (Traps)
-Crag Cave 12-13
-VS Klarg 13
Shabby LOOT +Klarg’s 2D4 Potion

-Phandalin: 10
-Redbrands: 11
-RB Hideout 12
-Shabby LOOT Roll
-Hidden LOOT: Talon(Double Effort VS Orcs)
-VS Glastaff 13
-Shabby LOOT Roll
EPIC Staff of Defense! (Conversion, add INT to ARMOR, Contest INT vs a HIT to ignore it 1/Round)

-Crag Castle: 11-13
(Plz add hob gobs, ogres and siege stuffs to esclate the target!)
-King Grol: 14
-ANCIENT LOOT+ GROL’s ULTIMATE WEAPON!(crits deal DOUBLE ULTIMATE!!!)

-Agatha: 11 as written
-Enraged Agatha: 13
-Bonus Lore: She’s a man hater, all CHA ROLLS men do are HARD! She can not be seduced
-In my ersion she is a spell caster with Will-o-Wisps

-Kost: 12 as written. +1 ARMOR ring of prot
-ANCIENT LOOT for doing tasks(3), or killing him (1)

-EPIC KOST + Zombie ARMY: 14 +HEARTSTONE! (Used to animate Giant Zombie Behemoth or whatever abomination)
Kost could totally be using the ICRPG MAGI system

-Wy Tor Travel :11
-Distracted Orc EASY (8)
-Room of Orcs 12
-Chief+ Ogre(s): 13
-Chief Riding a Wyvern: 14
ANCIENT LOOT

My version:
-EPIC Army of Orcs: 14 (Descend with morale)
-EPIC Army of Orcs that are Riding Wyverns 15
in this version roll EPIC LOOT and give chief a HEARTSTONE

-Thundertree: 12 For twig bois
-LOOT: Mirna’s Nexklace: Ignore 5 poison damage
-Dragon Cult 13
-VenomFang 15
-LOOT: Hew Axe (deal DOUBLE ULTIMATE to Wood, ignoring CHUNKS)
-Optional: VenomFang is 99 in my version, Of he escapes Thundertree, He comes back a year later as an adult, with new SPELLS and POWERS. This Encounter is TN 16. The boss harder than the final boss. VF amasses blight army against Phandalin. Or you can use him in some other plot as a shadow head

-Lost Mines: 13
LOOT: StrideSpring Boots: (Cast Frog Leap with no roll)
-Drow Assassins: 14
-LOOT: Wand of Seekers (cast 3 times a day, no roll)
-ANCIENT LOOT
-Mormesk and Gazer (Eye Beast) 14 And 15
-ANCIENT LOOT
LOOT: Dragon Armor (+3 Armor, All Saves VS dragons are EASY)
LOOT: lightbringer (toggle FAR radius Sunlight, Double EFFORT vs Undead!)
LOOT: Spell Create Device
Some other EPIC LOOT based on your party

-Black Spider as Written: 13. he’s kinda lame imo.
4 giant spiders, only 2nd level spells. No purpose or time pressure. Lets spice it up!

-EPIC BLACK SPIDER: TARGET OF 16!
FINAL BOSS W
EPIC LOOT, SUMMONS HORDES OF SPIDERS. TELEPORTATION, DARKNESS, MIND CONTROL, ILLUSIONS, DEATH! +8 ALL ROLLS! YOU HAVE D4+1 ROUNDS BEFORE HE RELEASES THE SPIDEE QUEEN AND DOOM PHANDALIN, NAY, THE WHOLE REALM FOR ALL ETERNITY!
EPIC Black Spider should totally be using the ICRPG MAGIC system. And along the lines 3 Mastery in Elder or enchantment or have access to 1 Mastery 4, just for the sake of bein epic. IC doesnt have levels so you minus well make this final encounter life or death rather than keeping it contained to some lame 5e Level 4 “balancing”

-LOOT spider Staff (Walk on Walls, Shoot webs with no roll.)
2 EPIC LOOT (that Spider was using)

Important Note: these Targets assume you are using the ICRPG CORE 6 STAT scaling. Adjust upwards (2 or 3) for 5e characters creations due to proficiencies and expertise that IC doesnt have.

Edit: After feedback I have rescaled this so 16 is the Max TN at base. To be a bit more in line w the CORE book examples. 16 being reserved only for super badasses or imoending DOOM.

Looks like you’ve a good handle for transferring loot concepts from 5e to ICRPG! I’ve been leaning into the monster manual more and more myself lately for quick transfers to ICRPG.

Heads up since you’ve asked for feedback. Room targets over 15 could be a lot more challenging/frustrating for players than they seem on paper. Take a look around the forums here. There’s plenty of consensus that a room target of just 12 will suffice for much more than you’d think. Cranking it past 16 is going to be Brutal. Personally, I can’t see going past 15 without a very good reason (which I’ve yet to find).

I need to revisit some of my statements on TN. Too many creatures can lower Speed of the game big time, and if you are allowing PC manipulation of the room TN 15 is about tops of where I am comfortable. For a boss fight or something! Or in my case an entire Dungeon…but the characters are 10 point builds and can manipulate a lot of things!!!

Excellent writeup;
I really think it is very well done!

TN of 18 is excessive… placing the TN at 15, and making direct attacks against it Hard. Accomplishes almost the same thing. It sounds small, but 15 vs 18 on saves will be huge!

Having it get half damage for most things also can allow for even lower TN.

But other than the 16, and 18 I really don’t see many issues that would not allow me to run this as you have written!